Sea Nymph Striper CC-191 (Reborn)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaltyBuckster

Reaction score
This is going to be pretty much just an interior redo.Totally!Going to be reflooring it with aluminum.I could'nt get a great pic in the guys driveway.But this one shows what we are in for.It has'nt been near water for 5 years or more.The motor spins freely,I'll start there.Trying to get it to start.It was winterized,thank goodness and the cylinders look good and the plugs came out rustfree.This is going to be a "winter Project" my goal is to have it ready for the spring striper season.
1316623359.jpg

I'd start with a good bath before it gets too cold out! That is going to be a cool looking boat for striper fishing.

Here it is moved out front.Cleaned it up a little.Going to start on the motor tomorrow and some much needed electrical work.I'm trying to find a factory wiring harness for this boat from the center console back.???
DSC00040.jpg

Trailer looks like it's in pretty good shape. Blast that with some black paint and it'll look great.

I started tearing into it yesterday.I removed the rear floor decking and started tracing wires.I got the trim motor back in place and all the wires connected to it again in the correct place.In the process of removing the in floor fuel tank.Lots of crud down in the V of the boat,wanna get it all cleaned out.I removed all the teak wood and am going to get it put back where it belongs to have one thing done before it gets to cold.I'll start there for the next day or so resanding and using linseed oil to finish the wood.
DSC00001.jpg

If the foam is damp that ='s extra weight. It can be a pain to remove the foam but I think it may be worth the time, energy, and cost. Just my opinion.

Boat looks like it has great potential good luck.

I'm going to check the foam out a little more intensly before I start tearing it out.The deck is all good but one spot.It does have the self baleing deck,so that's another obstacle to putting a lowered deck into it.3/4 inch plywood going down to 1/8 inch aluminum.I've got to figure all this out before I start ripping good stuff out.

You could use a hole saw and cut out a core to see if the foam is wet all the way thru. That should give you a good idea on how wet it really is.

Good luck

SaltyBuckster said:
The foam was a little damp in places.What do you think?Should I tear it up and replace it?

No doubt about it. It needs to come out. Even if it appears damp in a couple places, I'll put money on there being a BUNCH more water than you think. That stuff holds water and never dries.

Even foam that I thought looked dry was HEAVY from the water, and had a bunch of water under neath it.

Here's the front deck cleaned and free of moisture
DSC00004.jpg

This pic shows the front livewell with the cutting board on top for filetting and cutting bait.
DSC00005.jpg

I looked at one of those exact boats when I was searching for a project, but it was in rougher shape and I thought it might be too much for a "first-timer" like me to attempt. That's the style I really like, but I went with a jon instead. That's going to be so nice when it's restored. Good luck!

You should have gotten it.Just screws hold the thing together on the inside.Very simple construction.You can see how well they hold up with the fiberglass over plywood decks.

All this rain everyday really saved on water washing this boat down,lol.I started taking a bucket of soapy water out every morning and washing the crud off and letting the rain rinse it off.After today,all the washing should be done.Then the heat gun will come out and the drying process will begin in the garage.I think that I'm going to start this whole repair process by painting the gunnels with some white Rustoleum after removing the cleats and rod holders and bow rails.Then as the teak pieces are done I can put them back on and nothing will be getting lost.As you can tell by the pics here,there is'nt much paint left up on the gunnels.Myeswell shoot the motorwell as well and replace the boots for the steering cable and hydrolic lines for the trim.
DSC00006.jpg

See the differance?
DSC00007.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

Latest posts