Project "A Little Snookered" New Pics 03-19-2012 !!!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great fix. Hope you get the new axle in soon.

On the plus side, you're ready to pull the boat behind a snowmobile now.

Parts were ordered today(Hopefully be here before the weekend). If we get snow here in south florida I blame you for the curse.

Just checked on my axle/wheel and tire order. Parts will be here friday afternoon =D> That sould mean I will be on the water saturday afternoon or sunday morning. I will post on the water/fish pics monday morning hopefully [-o< .

That's a serious break! Now I'm kinda paranoid. I might replace my axle just for peace of mind. :) Nice plywood ski though, great idea

RatherBFishin said:
That's a serious break! Now I'm kinda paranoid. I might replace my axle just for peace of mind. :) Nice plywood ski though, great idea

Like I mentioned it was the only thing I didn't replace when I was doing the trailer. Just my luck

Wow your boat looks awsum and professional and very well planed! great job

Random thought f4f, I was thinking about trying to make a polling platform for the boat. Have you ever though about adding one to the new build?

Thanks T-MAN I really appreciate the comments

RBF-I have given a poling platform some thought. My issue is I have to go under some really low bridges. I am going to see what my clearances are and go from there. I might do something that either folds down or is removable.

Any suggestion or ideas are welcome

Man that boat is AWESOME! It looks absolutely perfect, and extremely well put together. I love seeing other ideas come to life and it is really cool to see how you transformed that boat. I was wondering what kind of deck lights you used, and what their output as well as their amp draw is? They look really nice and bright and I'm wanting to add something like that to mine so I can do some more catfish all nighters. I love hooking up with a monster blue! Again, sweet boat! That is a true fishing machine!

As for that poling platform, I would have to say removable. I built one for a guy once out of aluminum and TIG welded it up. He found some flush mount fixtures that he mounted on his gunnels and I built the platform to spec, and it just slid in to the fixtures and locked in place. I also made it height adjustable and added several other things over time after he used it enough and figured out what would make it nicer.

Thanks MACD for looking and commenting.

The deck lights are blue water led lights, as far as output and input I am not sure of the foot-candles or amp draw. The lights are super bright and the site stated low amp draw.

Thanks for your opinion on the poling platform removable is probably the best.

Yeah I would have to say removable too. Im working on a diagram now of a removable platform that I think would be pretty useful. I'll definitely post it as soon as I work the kinks out. I think I'm just gonna try it out and work out the problems as I go.

Well “A Little Snookered” had its maiden voyage this Saturday =D> . I am glad to announce that all went well, the boat floated and all accessories worked as they should. We did very little fishing which only produced one small puffer fish; at least we did not get skunked.

We basically just cruised around breaking in the engine and enjoying the view while partaking in some adult beverages (Just a few). Sorry!!! got so caught up in the moment that I did not take any on the water pictures. Hopefully this week or weekend I will which I will post.

Thanks to everyone for looking and responding.

RBF-Please post pictures when you get your platform done. It was high tide most of the time we were out and I will need to have a removable or fold down poling platform, some of the bridges we went under were so low we had to duck in order to get under them.

skeeter1804 said:
That is an awesome build, I love the lighting. Good work to say the least. Shane

Thanks skeeter and RBF still have a few loose ends to finish up, plus tweek and paint the trailer but its fishable so all is good.

Will update with on the water pics as soon as I take them.

As always any and all comments or questions are welcome

I did have a question about the grizzly grip. 1) Did you buy their rollers? 2) Did you buy an accelerator to help the drying process or just the grizzly grip?

Thanks f4f

I purchased the "Aliphetic Grizzly Grip" you do not need to add any UV to it and I had the same questions about the accelerator because I could not find it on there web site. I gave them a call and they stated that it comes already mixed into the "Aliphetic Grizzly Grip".

As far as drying time goes I would stay it took a good 24/48 hours to fully cure.

I did not buy rollers from them. I just used thick nap rollers from homedepot.

Thanks f4f. I appreciate the help. The website was a little unclear about the accelerator. I'll be jump starting the project again pretty soon. Hopefully I'll be caught up to you by the end of november. :D Thanks again and good luck on your next trip out.

Latest posts