76 Sea Nymph

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Concerning the transom question? My boat only has the wood going halfway down to the floor on the transom so it is probably ok for your boat too.

Concerning livewell equipage, my boat has a thru hull pump in transom right at the bottom, this pumps water into the livewell when on. It also has a overflow / drain in the livewell that drains straight down thru the bottom of the boat, very similiar to what you have equipped on yours.

Tim

got the motor off today, pretty painless. i used an engine hoist, did it all by myself...piece of cake.

Attachments

• 20.JPG
    20.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,303
  • 21.JPG
    21.JPG
  • 25.JPG
    25.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,303
  • 23.JPG
    23.JPG
thanks, slowly but surely im moving forward. the transom looks to be tricky but i think i can manage. there are a lot of screws and bolts in it. im still a little unsure of the type of wood to us in replacing it. any sugestions?

ive done a lot of looking around and i have not found another boat like this one, some similar but no sea nymphs. that is what is on the title, could it be wrong? all the nymphs ive seen do not have a steering console in them, none this shape anyways. anyone have a line on a 76 nymph that looks like mine? id love to see one, ive had no luck. thanks for lookin!

PitFishin' said:
ive done a lot of looking around and i have not found another boat like this one, some similar but no sea nymphs. that is what is on the title, could it be wrong? all the nymphs ive seen do not have a steering console in them, none this shape anyways. anyone have a line on a 76 nymph that looks like mine? id love to see one, ive had no luck. thanks for lookin!

I think my boat is a 77.
I'm not sure if production was low or what but it seems like pre 1980 Sea Nymphs are VERY few and far between, with very little to no info from 78' down. At least that is my experience.

What is your hull ID number?

PitFishin' said:
thanks, slowly but surely im moving forward. the transom looks to be tricky but i think i can manage. there are a lot of screws and bolts in it. im still a little unsure of the type of wood to us in replacing it. any sugestions?

After reading every thing on here and getting opinions im going to just go with exterior grade ply for the floor and the outter transom and some cedar on the inside.

By the way how do you use the drain cock it looks like it's boxed in ??

PitFishin' said:
ive looked a little but i havent seen any numbers, ill check on the title and see if its on there

Should be right on the starboard side transom. On the outside. If not, you might run into some problems.
That really should be there, so if not, you are going to want to get a new one made.

PitFishin' said:
ok ill look around a little more, would it be on the title?

Ya it should be. If so, take that number and use it to have a new hull ID tag made, because you will need one.

well i found the numbers stamped into the transom but there is no tag otherwise. would i be able to get information on tis boat somehow? also now that im looking at the title it is regestered as a 16'-9" boat when it is only 16' and the beam measurement is wrong aswell... this prob doesnt matter much i wouldnt think.... :roll: so anyways while i was outside looking for the numbers i decided to take the transom wood out and scrape and sweep all the junk out of the boat. now im ready to replace the wood and give it a good scrub down in prep for the rhino to go in. whats the best thing to clean this up with?

well i dont have any pics but i have been slowly getting things done. ive gotten the inside floor stripped of all the adhesive and its shining bright. im in the process of getting all the old rivit holes welded up. there were about 100 holes in the boat. ive got one side done so far and it looks great, taking it in to get the other side done tomorrow. also ive ordered my steelflex and its on its way. i went with the super slick 2000, the teflon type. after taking with jerry from fasco i decided that one coat rather than two is the way to go for me. any pointers on applying this stuff would be great, ive read most of the forums on this but everything helps. ill try to get some pics up soon.

wow a lot of times passed... ive been doing things here and there. finally got all the holes welded shut. and started stripping the bottom in prep for the steelflex, im hoping to put it on sometime this week. ive been looking at my trailer since ive got the boat off, my suports are too short. im wondering if anyone has made their own bunk brackets? theres not really much to them, and i dont see why i couldnt make my own out of steel. I also want to add another bunk support on both sides. so id have 2 long ones in the center and 2 shorter ones on the outside for added support. any thoughts?

Latest posts