1981 14r sea nymph... here I go again (update 4-28-12)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmy fins

Reaction score
I sold my Alumacraft for a boat load. :lol: Wasn't planning on it but the guy that came to buy my extra 8hp Honda liked the boat so much he came back for it 3 weeks later and made me a great offer. So out with the old and in with another rebuild!!!!! YES!!!! [-o< thank you. I will probably do the same thing like the Alumacraft just better material this time.

Jim

Attachments

• sea nymph starboard.jpg
    sea nymph starboard.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9,965
  • sea nymph stern.jpg
    sea nymph stern.jpg
    1,023.8 KB · Views: 9,967
  • sea nymph port.jpg
    sea nymph port.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9,962
  • sea nymph bow.jpg
    sea nymph bow.jpg
    859.4 KB · Views: 9,965
Congrats on making a good turnaround. Do it a couple times over and your boats will just get bigger and nicer! Cant wait to see how this one turns out.

Jimmy i stole your idea of using the pipe insulation, used it on my bow deck so that anyone fishing in the front could have a back rest and in other spots. I always have had a thing for the 14r i can tell you that i have had three in my life and used them for everything you can think of and they never failed. Got my eye on a 16r a friend has and someone is interested in the one we just finnished. Well good luck on this one you know i will be creepin in on your build!! :LOL2:

Thanks guys. Thats cool Rog. One big problem its fishing time NOT boat rebuild time #-o Need to move fast on this one and do it better in the winter.

Jim

well I worked through the cold and snow and made some great progress. Still have much to do, but at least its usable for fishing. So between fishing and boat building it will be shining soon.

Jim

Attachments

• P4100004.JPG
    P4100004.JPG
    458.6 KB · Views: 9,436
  • P4100003.JPG
    P4100003.JPG
    529.1 KB · Views: 9,433
  • P4100002.JPG
    P4100002.JPG
    386 KB · Views: 9,433
Does your floor slope in towards the middle or does it just look like it? And if it does, why didn't you build it up more in the middle?

Yes Mad dog it's a bit wider and it is higher. That is one reason why I wanted to sell the Alumacraft it only had 16" side all the way around. This one is 22" with a 16" transom for the short shaft motor.

Yes fishingmich it does have a v shape but not to extreme. I didn't want to give up any more height then I have to, by the time you get to the bow seat were the deep v starts I was like 8" just in the framing at center line. This seem to work best.

Jim

sixgun86 said:
I'd use something other than that OSB. It is by far the worst thing you could put on a boat. Spill a drink and its ruined.
I imagine if it was sealed up with some epoxy or a few coats of spar varnish it would be fine...?

I'm just going to use it and work on it when I can now fishing season is hear. I don't have as much time to get it done like it should be, so it will be a slow process I imagine. I will update as things happen.

Thanks for the advice to =D> Its always welcomed

Jim

I had some more time to work on the boat so I started in on the casting deck, and finished up the transom, mounted the motor. I'm getting ready to carpet it so I can start using it and save on my fuel cost. I love my big boat, but it loves gas. Plus I need my handlining rig done, the walleye are going like gang busters in the river! Here's what I have so far.

Jim

Attachments

• 04-19-12 (1).JPG
    04-19-12 (1).JPG
    403.4 KB · Views: 1,591
  • 04-19-12 (2).JPG
    04-19-12 (2).JPG
    701.5 KB · Views: 1,593
Looks great. Glad to see your your ready to hit the water we have been doing good down here on the walleyes. More pics please. Good luck and tight lines!!!

The upper river is turning on now Rog. I put down some gray carpet and installed the gps antenna. Just need to install the transducer and add the battery, Gas can, and tackle and its game on for fishing!!! :lol:

Jim

Attachments

• P4190071.JPG
    P4190071.JPG
    213.9 KB · Views: 1,582
  • P4190073.JPG
    P4190073.JPG
    337 KB · Views: 1,584
Took Out the sea nymph today in 20 plus mph winds with gust to 40 #-o Great day to test a boat???? Ran great found a few bolts that needed to be sealed up but the main floor remained dry =D> . Managed 21 mph with the 15 hp merc. even banged two smallmouth bass on a short 20 minute troll. Would have stayed longer but when the gust of wind blew me around in a 180 degree fashion enough was enough.

Jim

Latest posts