New Jon Rebuild/Conversion Build Thread COMPLETED! 4-30-12

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2012-04-23230034.jpg

2012-04-23230100.jpg

Finally got everything painted! The only thing I was lacking after Sunday night was the gunnels. Got those taped and painted last night!

Did a little maintenance on the motor last night. Plugs, impeller, gear case oil.

Now I get to start the fun stuff. Got all my wires run for my TM, depth finder and lights. Now I gotta hook em all up. I gotta install a storage bin, my battery box, gas tank and seats.

Well...

since my last update I picked up 2 19x19" x .125 aluminum diamond plate supports for my pedestal seats. Got them for 10 bucks a piece! Also got a mounting plate for my TM for another 10 bucks.

Got everything installed and mounted! Got the boat cleaned up and ready to.mount my outboard. Sorry i don't have any pics..wife kicked me out. Will get some soon!

wcbond4 said:
Well...

since my last update I picked up 2 19x19" x .125 aluminum diamond plate supports for my pedestal seats. Got them for 10 bucks a piece! Also got a mounting plate for my TM for another 10 bucks.

Got everything installed and mounted! Got the boat cleaned up and ready to.mount my outboard. Sorry i don't have any pics..wife kicked me out. Will get some soon!

Sounds like you've been finding some good deals! Excited to see new pics soon. By the way if you are still looking for an option for a trolling motor extension wire I found a subwoofer amplifier installation kit on Amazon with a 20' 10 gauge power wire in it. Got it for $7 with free shipping through Amazon Prime! From where my battery is 20' will be more than enough to cut it in half and use one for power and one for ground. Here's the link if you or anyone else is interested.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002UPGOI

Dockside85 said:
wcbond4 said:
Well...

Sounds like you've been finding some good deals! Excited to see new pics soon. By the way if you are still looking for an option for a trolling motor extension wire I found a subwoofer amplifier installation kit on Amazon with a 20' 10 gauge power wire in it. Got it for $7 with free shipping through Amazon Prime! From where my battery is 20' will be more than enough to cut it in half and use one for power and one for ground. Here's the link if you or anyone else is interested.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002UPGOI

Thats a good deal on that wire!

I ended up using my old extension cord. Working pretty good thus far!

It's going to be a show boat.

I've heard that untreated yellow pine will last almost as long as preasure treated. Any experience with this?

Thanks guys!

I've heard that untreated lumber that is sealed with something (urethane, resin) will last a very long time.

Well I've been working on the motor the the past week or so. I took it out before doing anything major and only ran about 8 MPH. I was unhappy. So I tore the carb out ..check it over and decided it need a carb kit. So I happen to find one locally in stock! Rebuilt carb. Same speed results. Got to wondering and ended up ordering a new prop. Shes screamin now! Get a solid 15 MPH and my gps even hit 22 MPH at one point. Very happy now! So far the only things I'm going to change is 1.) I need cup holders and 2.) I need more pole holders. I ended up making my own with some 1 1/4 pvc and pipe clamps and a caps. Turned out very well I think.

hows stability in the rear seat under wot? havent seen many people who use a post but im considering it in my tin. id like to rip out the middle bench in my 14' V and having a low deck all the way up with a pedestal base in floor for when passengers are in tote.. but i wasnt sure how theyd do.. my tin only does 19mph so its not exactly a rocket hahaha. also what size is it 16-18"??

Stability is not an issue for me with WOT. I really prefer the pedestal seat in the back. I think its a 16". Mine isnt a speed demon either.

bigwave said:
Looks real good, I like raptor stuff.....was it hard to apply? Spray or roll?

Yeah I agree. Now I'm thinking of putting the rustoelm bed liner on bottom of mine.
the raptor a bit pricey.
if I keep changing ideas ill never get done #-o

Got a new old motor Sunday!

2012-05-20220737.jpg

Its a 74 Johnson 25HP SeaHorse. It is a long shaft so I've been working on a home made manually adjustable jack plate. I will be posting pictures later of it.

I did not paint this motor...in fact I can't wait to repaint it.

Well got the custom jack plate pretty much done. Have yet to water test it. Planning on doing it hopefully tonight. Have yet to paint it..will get around to it.

2012-05-23122220.jpg

2012-05-23122213.jpg

Latest posts