Lil Bitz, a 15ft john boat modifcation

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you thank you, I actually have a good spot for the pomps on fly, we used to throw really small clousers on a 3 or 4 wt...killin them. We could catch them as much and as often as live baiting small shirmp or small jigs with shrimp tails on them believe it or not...

And Mike thanks you guys on the gator trout, biggest thing with trout as I'm sure you guys know is not set the hook, just keep moving the bait through the zone even if you get short strikes. Trout are suction feeders and when they get it they'll suck it in and hook themselves, also they have soft mouths and I don't eat them so I like to set them free...

Thank you sir, you got a nice build going as well...mine unfortuantely doesn't get a lot of time put into it because of the fact I'm a full time student...but hopefully soon I'll get to give it some lovin...I'm thinkin about putting herculiner in it any thoughts by anyone as to prep work?

Hope all the people from northern florida are safe through this tropical storm, but we sure could use the rain up here...

Here's some pictures of how I attached my garmin fishfinder, and garmin gps/fishfinder units, and although I've been putting serious thoughts to a small center console with a steering wheel, these will stay where they are mounted. If I do a center console I'll get a color fishfinder and gps unit and keep these to have 2 sets...also here are some more rod holders for plenty of options...

Attachments

• newrodholders2.jpg
    newrodholders2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 1,747
  • newrodholders1.jpg
    newrodholders1.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,747
  • garmingpsunit3.jpg
    garmingpsunit3.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,747
  • garmingpsunit2.jpg
    garmingpsunit2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,747
  • garmingpsunit1.jpg
    garmingpsunit1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 1,747
  • garminfishfinder3.jpg
    garminfishfinder3.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,747
  • garminfishfinder2.jpg
    garminfishfinder2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,747
  • garminfishfinder1.jpg
    garminfishfinder1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,747
  • both the units.jpg
    both the units.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,747
I also got some work on naming the boat, which I used a stencil, spray paint (orange and blue of course!) and satin spray over the name to protect it. I can't seem to find photos of it done without blue tape, or of the paddle holders I installed on the sides of the boat to save space in the boat itself so I'll have to send later...but here's this...

Attachments

• lil bitz name4.jpg
    lil bitz name4.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,741
  • lil bitz name 3.jpg
    lil bitz name 3.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,741
  • lil bitz name2.jpg
    lil bitz name2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,741
  • lil bitz name.jpg
    lil bitz name.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,741
Thank you BackwoodsTracker, it's a fish as I build sorta boat...lots of plans but have to nickle and dime my way to where I want to be ya know?

My paddle holders....

Attachments

• paddle holders1.jpg
    paddle holders1.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,711
  • paddle holders2.jpg
    paddle holders2.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,711
Hey Gators,
I think your boat is actually a RichLine. I've got a 14' Sportsman, and the transom caps, bow cap, seats, as well as the rounded corner transom braces in the older pictures all match yours. I've replaced the corner braces since then.

If you join this yahoo group (you can later quit), and look at the old pictures in the catalogs or other boats in the gallery you can likely figure out what model it is, and maybe even the year. https://groups.yahoo.com/group/Richline_53/

Nice build and great fishing!

Sorry for the lack of updates, it's finals week for me, can't wait to be done and get back to work on the boat! Next up some herculiner on the inside, any ideas or tips on how to apply it? Clean up ideas and what not? Right now I plan to sand it with some 120 grit sand paper and clean it up with acetone.

O that hurt, I've finally gotten over that whole situation when my buddy said, where would we have been without Urban the last 6 years. You know he was right, we'd have had one championship not three, and we'd still be talking about the glory days with the old ball coach. Plus the media has put out a lot of here say about what he did and didn't do in the locker room, time to move on. I really thing if we give Muschamp a few years he's gonna bring great things to the University of Florida. Plus this is his dream job, he grew up here, he kept a house here even when he coached at LSwho, the University of Auburn, & Texas. I personally think we could easily have a 9-4 season which would be a great improvement, or things could go sound and we have another subpar season. That said if the ball rolls our way who knows, tons of talent on that team, and our recruiting is really solid for the next few years, just gotta be patient. Here in gville there are a lot of Urban Lair shirts out and about and he's not a beloved coach anymore lol, but I wish him well.

Vermonster said:
Hey Gators,
I think your boat is actually a RichLine. I've got a 14' Sportsman, and the transom caps, bow cap, seats, as well as the rounded corner transom braces in the older pictures all match yours. I've replaced the corner braces since then.

If you join this yahoo group (you can later quit), and look at the old pictures in the catalogs or other boats in the gallery you can likely figure out what model it is, and maybe even the year. https://groups.yahoo.com/group/Richline_53/

Nice build and great fishing!
I agree with it being a RichLine...

Sorry everyone that I haven't been on-line much, haven't gotten much work done on my boat, in fact the only thing I've got to do with it is fish a bit. Stupid dissertation taking up all my time, hope to be done with it soon then just fish and work haha!

Sand all the rough spots smooth. Wipe down with vinegar/water..or in my case I used acetone to remove any debris or oils,
let dry. Wipe with tack cloth and apply your bedliner. As long as you have a clean dry surface you should be good to go.

Latest posts