Post a Pic of your boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a crestliner utility C1652V.I think crestliner and Lund are made by the same company(genmar).
Some guy won this boat at a shark scrammble,sat in his yard upside down on the trailer for a year.I see the prices you guys pay for boats and just drool;I paid 3 grand for boat(2006) and trailer,good deal for up here.Really like the boat though,nice a stable and with the 40 on back scats right along:).

Hello All, I just joined after browsing the modification section. Great site! I recently sold off my 12' Meyer to up-size to a 14'er. I got what I am told is a 1973 Starcraft. It's in pretty decent shape and I have quite a few mods in mind for it but I seriously doubt the age of my tin boat. I have seen pics of other 1973's and they all seem to have aluminum bench seats in them whereas mine has the old wood seats.

Attachments

• 100_1310 (Small).jpg
    100_1310 (Small).jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,927
F_I_Sherman NY said:
Hello All, I just joined after browsing the modification section. Great site! I recently sold off my 12' Meyer to up-size to a 14'er. I got what I am told is a 1973 Starcraft. It's in pretty decent shape and I have quite a few mods in mind for it but I seriously doubt the age of my tin boat. I have seen pics of other 1973's and they all seem to have aluminum bench seats in them whereas mine has the old wood seats.

:WELCOME:
Thanks for joining! Boat looks great!

F_I_Sherman NY said:

Welcome Aboard!

alumacraftjoe said:
F_I_Sherman NY said:

Welcome Aboard!

Yes welcome. By the way I like your boat. I wanted a 16' version so I can fish the small lakes where the gas motors aren't permitted. I wanted to make a project and rebuild the deck and everything. I cant seem to find one though. :(

F_I_Sherman NY said:

The age is not that far off. My Starcraft is a '69 and had wood benches. I have seen a few 70's and 71's with wood as well.

That pic was taken when I first bought it. I have been literally been working on it all weekend (patient wife who likes to fish) long and haven't taken pics yet but will take some tomorrow and post either here or the boat mods section. My trailer originally had my 2004 Meyer 12' Laker and wanted to trde up in size so I sold the Meyer and bought the 14' Starcraft thinking that the trailer would be plenty long since I had extra room with the old boat. Well, wrong on that thought! In the past couple of weeks I have rebuilt the trailer with a brand new 3' longer tougue, sanded and painted the bottom of the boat green (boy I sure would like to slap the boneheads who painted this thing without doing any prep!), designed and built pedestal mount flanges, installed short pedestals, swivels, quick release seats and came up with a simple, cheap and effective "insurance" mod to make sure that the seats don't accidently pop out of the quick release mount while travelling down the road.

Alot older than my "old boat" and showing it's years a little but I am looking foward to adding a second battery, an on-board charger, a bow mounted trolling motor (which I have to build some sort of deck mod to install it), some lights and possibly a semi mounted cooler/live well set-up.

It's ready for water right now and I can't wait to try it out!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys...

tinboat.jpg

My "new" old 10' Gamefisher Flat Bottom jon, a typical 18 year old on a budget boat!

CTAngler481 said:
My "new" old 10' Gamefisher Flat Bottom jon, a typical 18 year old on a budget boat!

Hey she floats... that's all that matters. Good looking boat... Would love to have that for some of the rivers around here.

I took delivery in March. I have since added the electronics and registration numbers to keep the law at bay. :lol:

IMG_0933.jpg

CTAngler481 said:
tinboat.jpg

OMG,, IF THIS BOAT IS CALLED GAMEFISHER FLAT BOTTOM, THEN THIS IS THE EXACT BOAT I JUST BOUGHT,,THANK YOU,, so much i been trying to find out eha is the name of this boat, i have no mars, no brand on the boat, just a sanded plated that had some writing, on, but its all gone

Nice ride Kemical! Is that a 12 foot sears, it looks a lot more solid than mine! I like your plans!

This is a 1969 orlando clipper that I did a deck mod to ...I will post the whole project when I have time.

Attachments

• Img0019.jpg
    Img0019.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 2,418

Latest posts