June 2012 Member Monthly Giveaway - Winner Gramps50!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frogman Ladue said:
Gramps, now that you smashed everyones' dreams of owning such a contraption, I believe a product review is in order...with pics. :D

Could have used that a couple of times today, I had to cut the line on a couple as the forships just wouildn't get them out, they were hooked pretty good.

We'll see what we can do when we get our hands on it. #-o

S&MFISH said:
fender66 said:
S&MFISH said:
Congrats Gramps. Looks like the prize dropped 15mi short. LMAO. Hope you get plenty of use out of it.

I'm thinking it was about a mile short Steve!

:LOL2: :LOL2: =D>

I'm thinking I'm gonna need to keep it locked up or it will end up in someone else's tackle box

S&MFISH said:
Gramps50 said:
I'm thinking I'm gonna need to keep it locked up or it will end up in someone else's tackle box

Gramps, when you see the Alumacraft coming down the river, RUN, run as fast as you can. :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

I think I'm safe right now the rivers are to low for you to get to me from where your at. :p :D

Gramps50 said:
I think I'm safe right now the rivers are to low for you to get to me from where your at. :p :D

Your never safe,I've been on every river so far this year.They have to be near bone dry to keep me off of them. HeHeHe. Have a great day.
108_0431.JPG
If you see me on the Meramec or the Big, flag me down and we can share some fish stories.

The mailman delivered my new hook remover today. Thanks for everything Jim!!

My 1st impression is that it is a well built tool, the operation is real smooth and it fits in your hand nicely. As an added bonus there is a line cutter on it too so if you can't get the hook out and need to cut the line you don't need to reach for another tool.

How well does it remove hooks I can't say until after I have been out and tried it. I'll let you know when that happens.

DSC04423.JPG

Unpackaged
DSC04424.JPG

In hand
DSC04425.JPG

S&MFISH said:
Gramps50 said:

Your never safe,I've been on every river so far this year.They have to be near bone dry to keep me off of them. HeHeHe. Have a great day.
View attachment 1
If you see me on the Meramec or the Big, flag me down and we can share some fish stories.

Now I'm jealous I can't run on damp sand or gravel I need a couple of feet of water to keep the prop happy. Right now most of the time I'm in GWP, have considered going to RT66 and put in there just haven't done it yet. I'll be watching for ya

DSC03966.JPG

All of us in the Meramec basin need to get together and swap lies, I mean stories. I'm retired so you working guys set the date, time & place

Gramps50 said:
have considered going to RT66 and put in there just haven't done it yet.

Not sure you would get too far with the Meramec being as low as it is. Just downstream it's mostly riffles,and upstream near the 109 bridge it gets shallow again,1-2ft when near normal, I was shocked how shallow it was when I went there last fall. Have you been up to the NEW Old Hwy 30 bridge to fish the ledge? I want to try that out,but have not been able to get around to it.Maybe get to it middle of next week. Depends on where I'm working. I'll shoot you a PM when I know for sure, probably after 4pm.

S&MFISH said:
Not sure you would get too far with the Meramec being as low as it is. Just downstream it's mostly riffles,and upstream near the 109 bridge it gets shallow again,1-2ft when near normal, I was shocked how shallow it was when I went there last fall. Have you been up to the NEW Old Hwy 30 bridge to fish the ledge? I want to try that out,but have not been able to get around to it.Maybe get to it middle of next week. Depends on where I'm working. I'll shoot you a PM when I know for sure, probably after 4pm.

I stopped at Rt66 a couple of weeks ago when I was at 6 Flags on Memorial Day, the majority were putting in and going to the mouth of the Big, the one bunch I was talking to were in a little 12' with a 15 hp. The river looked good going up stream. I think the mouth to the Big is before you would get to the Hwy 109 bridge.

I used to fish the bank just up from the old boat ram in Mini Haha and caught a lot of drum and car out of there. There is suppose to be a couple of good cat holes in that area tool

You probably could but I'm not sure I can get out in the river from GW it's pretty low.

Give me a holler I'll meet you down there.

I was thinking about Tues. Mon. is our last day tearing off at Mehlville High,don't want to go after that,I'm pretty grubby and pitch-burned after tear-off. I'll give you a holler Mon. night to set up something.Boat is cleaned up and batteries are charging as I type this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts