To be named... 1436

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theyyounggun

Reaction score
I finally got it! It has quite a bit of work to be done to it. But I like it because it is my Uncles old boat that taught me how to bass fish. Or considering that I cant catch anything right now its my uncles that got me hooked on fishing. :mrgreen:
I dont know what brand it is. Im gonna ask him tommorow.
I need to get a trailer and OB for it still.

My plans to it are:
strip everything out
get all of the glue off
sand all of the paint off
fill it with water to find the leaks
fix the leaks
tear out the transom?
prime it
paint it
probably steelflex
deck out the front
electrical(12v plug x2,nav lights,front light,bilge,)
plumbing
carpet
seats
pole holders
trolling motor
fish finder
the kitchen sink

Sorry the pics are blurry they were obviously at dark and with my Iphone. Once I get some sawhorses built they will be in the garage with the good camera.

Attachments

• Stuff puled out.JPG
    Stuff puled out.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 7,180
  • Pole holders.JPG
    Pole holders.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 7,180
  • head light.JPG
    head light.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 7,180
  • In the car wash 2.JPG
    In the car wash 2.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 7,180
  • In the car wash.JPG
    In the car wash.JPG
    1,001.5 KB · Views: 7,180
Im going to buy all of my stuff at either BPS, walmart, Lowes, HD and James town distributors. But where and what kind of carpet should I get?

theyyounggun said:
Im going to buy all of my stuff at either BPS, walmart, and James town distributors. But where and what kind of carpet should I get?

lowes and home depot both have outdoor carpet that looks and works pretty good... lowes has the "fake grass" stuff in different colors too.

Well Ive been workin on it today. My goal is to get all the carpet off. Rod Holders, bow eye, wood out of bench, glue scraped off, and all screws removed.

What type of foam do I need to buy at lowes to cut up and place in there. Is it the pink sheets?

Ill upload the rest of the pics tonight. It takes a while to resize all of them in Irfanview! Are there any tips or tricks to do it quicker?

Attachments

• IMG_0724.JPG
    IMG_0724.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 7,004
Got everything out today. And did the water test. Found two leaks. Im gonna put another layer of O.D. Green on the outside and the inside. Im going to look at a trailer tommorow. Im gonna run by lowes tommorow and get some JB weld and 5200 to seal the leaks and some of the other loose screws.

Attachments

• IMG_0736.JPG
    IMG_0736.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 6,972
  • IMG_0735.JPG
    IMG_0735.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 6,972
  • IMG_0732.JPG
    IMG_0732.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 6,972
  • IMG_0731.JPG
    IMG_0731.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 6,972
  • IMG_0725.JPG
    IMG_0725.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 6,972
  • IMG_0749.JPG
    IMG_0749.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 6,972
  • IMG_0750.JPG
    IMG_0750.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 6,972
  • IMG_0746.JPG
    IMG_0746.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 6,972
Yes. Yes it does! I have more pics to upload once my Internet is fixed. I'm doing everything from my phone. Do I need the pink foam?

alot of guys put the foam under their decking... i havent done it on any of mine yet but i also havent cut into my benches and pulled out the foam that is in there either... it definately wouldnt hurt to have it under there!

i dont really know if the pink sheets are best? from what i have read on other peoples build they say to get hi density foam... so if you can get free high density foam from tractor supply then thats what i would do!

theyyounggun said:
Yea I know that. But isn't the pink sheets best? Or I may just go get some of the blocks free from tractor supply.

The pink and blue sheets (blue for sure) are closed cell foam. Lowes carries the blue sheets, but I can only find the 5200 at HD, something to consider if your consolidating trips. BTW, the 5200 at BPS is now $17 compared to $6 at HD.

Ictalurus said:
theyyounggun said:
Yea I know that. But isn't the pink sheets best? Or I may just go get some of the blocks free from tractor supply.

The pink and blue sheets (blue for sure) are closed cell foam. Lowes carries the blue sheets, but I can only find the 5200 at HD, something to consider if your consolidating trips. BTW, the 5200 at BPS is now $17 compared to $6 at HD.
Thanks! I went by lowes and picked up some JB weld, WD, stainless hardware, stainless screws, and wire brush. I think I'm going to get my foam from tractor supply since its free. I was looking f or 5200 at lowes and they did not have it like you said. HD isn't to far away from my house. I'll probably try to run by tonight.

Well ive decided to make the bench a livewell. Im going to pick my trailer up hopefully tommorow night. Im gonna repaint it and do a couple of upgrades. It kind of stinks that it is a 1-7/8" ball but its worth it just to buy another hitch since its only $200

And like a said I have some more pics to upload but my internet is out. Ill get some up when it is fixed

theyyounggun said:
Well ive decided to make the bench a livewell. Im going to pick my trailer up hopefully tommorow night. Im gonna repaint it and do a couple of upgrades. It kind of stinks that it is a 1-7/8" ball but its worth it just to buy another hitch since its only $200

And like a said I have some more pics to upload but my internet is out. Ill get some up when it is fixed

you gonna make the bench a real full livewell or just a recirculating well like it did? i am interested in seeing what you come up with!

I havent completly decided yet. It wouldnt be contantly pulling in new water but I think im gonna make it where I could pull some in whenever I wanted. idk yet though. I just cant decided if its worth putting another hole in my hull

Ive finally got the benches cleaned up. I decided that I am going to make the bench a livewell. Ive been pricing aluminum for it but I think I can get some scraps from my friend. I have to get a couple spots welded this weekend at my grandpas. Since the insidesides of the boat wont be covered in carpet what kind of paint/primer do I need? I uncovered the capacity plate and the transom seems to be in pretty good shape. It is still solid. I am going to build a transom saver to put on it though to help it out a little.

The capacity plate reads:
2 people
340lbs
20 h.p. outboard

Attachments

• IMG_0756.JPG
    IMG_0756.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,492
  • IMG_0755.JPG
    IMG_0755.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 1,492
  • IMG_0754.JPG