A Sexy Jig Day at H.B.T. Headquarters!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBT Chris

Reaction score
Today we got in two big shipments of jigs from TnT Baits as well as from Medlock Jigs. From TnT Baits we restocked on the Dan Wells M80 Spotted Bass jig and also added 2 new colors, Jungle Bug and Explosive. We also just recieved our first order of Medlock jigs! If you are not familiar with the Medlock jig, this is one of the baddest jigs there is. It is designed to be flipped into the nastiest cover you can find, and jerk the biggest bass in the lake out of it! The double weed guard design is very unique and works amazingly well.

We are pretty excited about these jigs, and wanted to pass the info along to the members of the forum!

M80 - Explosive:
TNT-Baits-Dan-Wells-M80-Explosive-200x200.jpg

The Medlock:
Medlock-Jig-Side-200x200.jpg

And you can check out all of our current jigs at: https://homebrewedtackle.com/product-category/jigs/

Thanks for all your great support Tin Boats members!

those M80s are some good jigs... and Spankys... well, I guess there's no secrets anymore :wink:

Outside of N. GA they are still pretty unknown, so I think the secret is safe for a little while at least.

But, we are hoping the word spreads 8)

The fish in my avatar came off a Spanky's jig during one of our state jon boat tournaments... I have caught more fish on that thing anything... and the "original" Spanky is a member of our tinboat club

Those jigs always amaze me at the fish they can catch. I won a small tournament on Allatoona a few weeks ago and caught quite a few of the fish on a Spanky's also. I can never really explain to people why they work as well as they do, but the fish seem like they always eat them.

I have never met the original Spanky, but I do know the new owner really well. We fished a lot of tournaments together before I decided I wanted to go shark fishing a bunch this past summer and bailed on the weeknight derbies.

Honestly... I think it's the way the jig falls - it falls straight down and doesn't roll, it almost "shimmys" as it's going down. I dunno, but I've bet I've got over 200 of the originals from years ago when I first met Spanky. The current owner does a good job on them still, but it will be a while before I need to buy any more. With 200 left, that should last me... maybe the rest of this year! I fish the Carter's Winter Trail every weekend throughout the winter, and when the fish head bite stops, I pick up Spankys

Those Spankys catch smallies too. This is a 4lb 6oz Dale Hollow smallie I caught on a 1/4oz Spankys.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,648
That is a chunky fish for sure! =D> One of these days I need to get up that way and do some smallmouth fishing.

Latest posts