IDAHOAUGER's New Lowe L1436 Conversion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great post. I really enjoyed reading your modifications. Can't wait to get started on mine (I'll have my first jon boat in 2 weeks - a 14 footer)

DavidT said:
Great post. I really enjoyed reading your modifications. Can't wait to get started on mine (I'll have my first jon boat in 2 weeks - a 14 footer)
Hey David T, thanks for the nice words! I hope my post along with the many others gave you some good ideas. I know I have been looking at this site for about a year getting ideas and reading the comments before I broke down and became a member. Great ideas on this site and real nice guys from all over the country sharing their projects. Congrats on the 14 foot Jon Boat you are getting soon! Make sure when you start your project to post your photos/progress, I always enjoy seeing them! :D

Nice job bud, also love the colors of your football team, only I'm a gator fan, though I feel like with colors both Florida and Boise State are connected! lol.

Nice rig. I remeber when I was stationed at Mt. Home I did allot of fishing on the Snake River up there near Bruno and man a rig like that yo ucould sit all day and fill the boat full of catfish.

Gators5220 said:
Nice job bud, also love the colors of your football team, only I'm a gator fan, though I feel like with colors both Florida and Boise State are connected! lol.
Thanks! Yeah, funny I have thought the very same thing myself about Boise State and Florida's colors. A few years ago one of the local box stores here got a shipment of orange and blue Boise State gear and they stocked the items. Then a customer noticed that the sweat shirts and hats said "Boise State" but had the Gator's logo! The company that made the items made a mistake. They took them off the shelves pretty quick, but a bunch of people still bought them because of the novelty of the mistake! Made the local TV news here and everything! I'm sure you were pretty happy with Texas A&M beating #1 Alabama and since you guys beat A&M earlier this season was a good thing for the Gators in the rankings!

Swampthing(True) said:
Nice rig. I remeber when I was stationed at Mt. Home I did allot of fishing on the Snake River up there near Bruno and man a rig like that yo ucould sit all day and fill the boat full of catfish.
Hey thanks man! I see your at Barksdale, I spent 6 weeks there for NCO Academy back in the 90s. Retired from the USAF in 07 out of Mtn Home but now I live in Boise. The photos of my boat on the water are from CJ Strike near Mtn Home.

IDAHOAUGER said:
DavidT said:
Hey David T, thanks for the nice words! I hope my post along with the many others gave you some good ideas. I know I have been looking at this site for about a year getting ideas and reading the comments before I broke down and became a member. Great ideas on this site and real nice guys from all over the country sharing their projects. Congrats on the 14 foot Jon Boat you are getting soon! Make sure when you start your project to post your photos/progress, I always enjoy seeing them! :D

No problem, you deserve it man, you did an amazing job and had great photos and detail.

I just found out about the site, so I haven't spent a lot of time on here yet, but definitely will be 8)

Ya we need more help than that, like Notre Dame, K-State, and Oregon to lose, possible as always but not super likely. We had our chances this season but blew it against our old rival Georgia! What r u gonna do? I've learned one thing from all my yelling at the TV set (while watching college football), it doesn't affect the outcome, only makes me feel a little better lol.

Gators5220 said:
Ya we need more help than that, like Notre Dame, K-State, and Oregon to lose, possible as always but not super likely. We had our chances this season but blew it against our old rival Georgia! What r u gonna do? I've learned one thing from all my yelling at the TV set (while watching college football), it doesn't affect the outcome, only makes me feel a little better lol.
Yeah, same here. Lost my voice two weeks ago when I was at the Boise St vs San Diego St game to see my Broncos get upset at home on the blue and out of the Top 25! We do miss Kelen Moore here in Boise this year. I see K-State and Oregon winning their last couple games, but I predict an upset loss for Notre Dame against their old rival Southern Cal in Los Angeles. We shall see!

Funny Notre Dame won out, and K-State and Oregon lost! Gotta love college football, never know how it's gonna turn out!

Gators5220 said:
Funny Notre Dame won out, and K-State and Oregon lost! Gotta love college football, never know how it's gonna turn out!
Yeah, never saw K-Sate upset coming with Baylor, Oregon loss to Stanford was a surprise but not a big surprise. Southern Cal without Barkley was going to struggle against Notre Dame...yes you gotta love it!

Hey Norte Dame is undefeated, but if you put most SEC teams through the schedule they had this year the outcome would probably be the same. Bama or the Dawgs will smash them in the BCS game......

I agree, SEC is a tough division! My Gators had their shot but blew it against Georgia, what r u gonna do?

bigwave said:
Hey Norte Dame is undefeated, but if you put most SEC teams through the schedule they had this year the outcome would probably be the same. Bama or the Dawgs will smash them in the BCS game......
I may be a Boise St Fan from Idaho, but I have to agree, the SEC by far is the toughest conference out there!

Gators5220 said:
I agree, SEC is a tough division! My Gators had their shot but blew it against Georgia, what r u gonna do?
Like bigwave said, the SEC is the toughest conference in my humble opinion too. Back on topic, I cleaned up my Jon Boat and have her tucked away in the garage for the winter until next spring. I plan on doing some more work on it this winter like fabricating a bow mount for my trolling motor and I have seen some great examples on this site. May also add some rod holders too. Now it's time for me in my neck of the woods to get the auger blades sharpened, get my ice gear and sled in order and start thinking about ice-fishing season!

Attachments

• DSCF0416.JPG
    DSCF0416.JPG
    627.6 KB · Views: 1,309
  • P1260025.JPG
    P1260025.JPG
    491.4 KB · Views: 1,309
I lived in Northern Kansas basically Nebraska and we Ice fished (when I was like 10-14) and man it was fun. My dad and his buddies used to get bombed, and I think I was the only one fishing, haha...

Gators5220 said:
I lived in Northern Kansas basically Nebraska and we Ice fished (when I was like 10-14) and man it was fun. My dad and his buddies used to get bombed, and I think I was the only one fishing, haha...
Yeah, the very first time I went ice-fishing I got skunked and never did it again for many years. Then a friend asked me to go again about 7 years ago and I did, ended up having a blast and caught lots of fish. Now I enjoy the heck out of it! It is somthing I look forward too now every winter!

Latest posts