Fisher 1860AW... New Boat -- New Construction

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brine said:
Congrats on the rig man. That's a beast for sure.

I'm giggling looking at how deep it is. The 9.9 looks to be in great condition too.

Boat envy 8)

The 9.9 is brand new basically... we used it last weekend at our North Georgia Brawl on the Xpress (which is now on craigslist)... we topped out at 8mph, but it's a long shaft and that boat calls for a short shaft. Hopefully it will do a little better on a jack plate, but that's just going to be for restricted lakes and lakes where it's idle speed only.

Sounds good.

Let me know if you decide to sell it (the 9.9). I'm looking for one.

I've been thinking.... I think this "Fisher" is about to become a "Ranger"... just gotta get the decals made :lol:

Nice find, just started to look around for a project boat like that. Started to look around on CL here today from the local Tallahassee area to down south and up towards Atlanta.

That's where I found my present boat below. We're adding ONE more boat for use on the shallow flats and keeping the G3 purty so when we sell her to move on up in a year or so, she'll still look like new. Just added the t-top this summer and NOT a fun project to do it RIGHT.

BB

Attachments

• DSC_0153.jpg
    DSC_0153.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 1,995
  • DSC_0154.jpg
    DSC_0154.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 1,995
  • DSC_0164.jpg
    DSC_0164.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 1,995
wow... that is a BIG G3!!

Badbagger said:
Nice find, just started to look around for a project boat like that. Started to look around on CL here today from the local Tallahassee area to down south and up towards Atlanta.

That's where I found my present boat below. We're adding ONE more boat for use on the shallow flats and keeping the G3 purty so when we sell her to move on up in a year or so, she'll still look like new. Just added the t-top this summer and NOT a fun project to do it RIGHT.

BB

Construction has finally begun!!! and I left the camera in the garage, so have to wait til tomorrow to see progress.

Got about 210' of 1" tube, and 125' of 1" angle... once the framing is done, I'll probably get Dawson (bassboy1) to go ahead and build the lids for me. Everything will be carpeted as well.

I did get him to take the Custom livewell Fishmate Pro had made for me - and he customized it even more. I know he would have rather started from scratch instead of adding on to this livewell, but he really did an awesome job. I wanted to put the pump in the bottom so that I could use it as a double for recirculation and pump out. There are more angles on this thing than I would ever want to mess with, but he had it completed in no time.

Pods are coming out - along with the hundreds of pounds of the expanding foam. If you have never taken this stuff out - you'll figure out quick that it's no joke. It's in there to stay - along with asorb every bit of water that it can possibly come in contact with. 4 hours, and 3 heavy duty trash bags full of water soaked foam - one pod is finally done.

More tomorrow

russ010 said:
The 9.9 is brand new basically... we used it last weekend at our North Georgia Brawl on the Xpress (which is now on craigslist)... we topped out at 8mph, but it's a long shaft and that boat calls for a short shaft. Hopefully it will do a little better on a jack plate, but that's just going to be for restricted lakes and lakes where it's idle speed only.

The Big Foot motors were designed with lower gearing to push pontoon boats. A 9.9 Bigfoot will always be slower than a 9.9 even with the same pitch prop on it. You said you weren't concerned with speed, and that is a personal preference, however, I like to have the ability to run fast if I have to. We were out on Grand Lake in Oklahoma setting limb lines when we saw a storm brew up in the distance. Had I not been able to run fast to get back to the dock we would have been in trouble. Its always nice to have it and not need it, rather than not have it and be in trouble.

I agree... but that's why I usually have the 20hp motor on the boat if I want speed.

The 9.9 is for 10hp restricted lakes or idle speed only lakes.

I just realized I haven't uploaded any pics with progress... looks like I have some work to do tonight

the boat is coming along - and sorry for no pics... I ended up giving it to bassboy1 to do the back deck and rod lockers/middle storage area for me. With all that is going on in my life right now, I really don't have time to do it.

I looked at it last night and holy crap this thing is going to have some storage - and every bit of the boat is accessible by lids except for about 2 feet of the rod locker which I can reach under if need be.

Dawson may post some pics, but I'm going to wait a little bit until I get it back from him later on this week or next. I'm in no hurry, but once I get it back from him I'll have to get my rear in gear to carpet it and finish up the front deck & wiring.

I have got to get out on the water... I'm going through withdrawals

Are you gonna put some orange and blue camo on that boat as well haha...just kiddin bud

Nice lookin boat you got their! Big and wide as all get out!

Had a 101 Rip Tide on my 19' center console; boat had an 8' beam and wieghted over 2500 lbs and that TM would pull it around at 8mph; Could hold my ground and make way in the Jetty aginst a ripping outgoing tide. I love that motor, heck I loved that boat!

Gators5220 said:
Are you gonna put some orange and blue camo on that boat as well haha...just kiddin bud

Nice lookin boat you got their! Big and wide as all get out!

I seriously thought about doing orange and blue camo similar to what Brine did to his boat... but I don't have the time. I think I'm going to paint the bottom black, and the top portion and inside in maroon... I keep seeing these new Ranger boats out, and that's similar to what I've layed out for this boat - but I'm still going to put Ranger stickers on it

simbelle said:
Had a 101 Rip Tide on my 19' center console; boat had an 8' beam and wieghted over 2500 lbs and that TM would pull it around at 8mph; Could hold my ground and make way in the Jetty aginst a ripping outgoing tide. I love that motor, heck I loved that boat!

well... I hope these 2 motors will be enough for our electric only. I'm not going to put more electric motors on the back with that jack plate. I think what I'm eventually going to do is get a "real" electric outboard - but that will be a little ways down the road. I want to get a 35-40 tiller steer as well

simbelle said:
Wow, thats a stout motor, my 109 will move my boat around about 4.5.

russ010 said:
simbelle said:

well... I hope these 2 motors will be enough for our electric only. I'm not going to put more electric motors on the back with that jack plate. I think what I'm eventually going to do is get a "real" electric outboard - but that will be a little ways down the road. I want to get a 35-40 tiller steer as well
My plan as well, a ray would move them nicely, trying to maybe buy a pallet of them agm batterys, need a bunch for them big motors.

Latest posts