Hard Water Hawg!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wallijig

Reaction score
We have had some great ice fishing in NW SD since thanksgiving weekend. now around 8" of ice. Perch have been going nuts.
Buddy happen to hook into this hawg while guiding some guys perch fishing Wednesday morning. It was just under 12lbs.
I was amazed he got it landed. He was fishing for perch in 28' of water had a 6" hole in ice, Using soft pole, small frosty, and 2 lbs test.

IMG_0235_1_.JPG

:shock: That IS a monster. I've caught some in the 7 to 8# range and released them to make more little ones BUT if I caught one that size, I would be very tempted to put it on the wall. Super catch, thanks for posting.

2lb test!?!?! Amazing! What an awesome achievement! a 12 lb eye is nice and big, but not mind blowing. Catching it on 2lb test with what is probably a superlight perch fishing rig IS mind blowing. Super cool.

If you watch much for fishing shows you may soon see alot more of my friend. Over last winter he filmed a number of shows with Jason Mitchell and few more this summer on soft water. Ice ones should be in the can and coming this fall on Jason Mitchell's outdoor show.

Latest posts