Fisher 1860AW... New Boat -- New Construction

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool build, but it breaks my heart you don't have a big fat tiller on this boat! :mrgreen:

russ010 said:
RiverBottomOutdoors said:
Holy smokes! That's some nice work. What are all the batteries for?

3 are for the front TM (36v Minn Kota Fortrex 101) and 3 are for the rear TM (36v Motorguide 109)... and then I have another that runs all the electronics, bilge pump, livewell and anything else that needs 12v

Top speed with about 450lbs (2 guys), 7 batteries (350lbs), all the aluminum fabrication (approx 450lbs) and probably 100lbs of tackle -- the boat did around 5.4mph with just the trolling motors. Fill up the livewell, and last time I looked at it was at the end of the day - 4.9mph. I checked the voltage before and after the tournament, and I stayed on the front motor a lot due to wind, the starting voltage for both groups of batteries was 38.6v; when I got it back home the voltage on the rear TM batteries was 36.8v and the bow TM was 36.1v. I think that's pretty good considering how much water we covered, and the fact that I turned motors on and left them running just to keep us in the same spot a few times

Any future plans for an outboard?

I've got a 1973 Johnson 20hp, as well as a 2006 Mercury Big Foot 9.9 which came with the boat. I'd like to find a 40-50hp tiller steer for a reasonable price... so yea, I'm looking for something a little bigger

Been awhile since I've been around since getting a new job, but here's some updates...

Love the boat and the work Dawson did on it!

What I hate... The 9.9 Big Foot. Don't get me wrong, it's a great motor, just not on a behemoth boat of this size. Max speed is just over 7mph, not much faster than my electric motors. I think I'm going to wind up getting no less than a 40hp motor for it eventually. My jack ate is rated to a 35, I just don't know if the extra 5hp will warrant a new jack plate or not. Most that I've seen already have electric trim, but that jack plate is great for the electric motor...

Well... no more aluminum boats for me. Just sold this boat last night in order to purchase (I hope) a 2004 Ranger Comanche 519vx Ranger Cup Edition bass boat with a 200hp Merc... 177 hours on the motor ain't bad at all for that year. I'm going to look at it Sunday, do a compression test and if it looks as good in person as it does in the pictures, I'll be trailering it home.

IMG_0737.jpg
IMG_0738.jpg
IMG_0744.JPG
IMG_0746.JPG
IMG_0747.JPG

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=329637#p329637 said:
bassboy1 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:27 pm[/url]"]
russ010 said:
it better... I'm going to name it Sparkle :lol:

It needs a recessed pedal tray.... :D

Trust me... I already have you on speed dial... and after I look at it, I may have a few more things we may want to do

But like we talked about a while back when you were finishing up my boat, I'd like a pedal that goes a little deeper so that I'm actually standing level. BUT.... this has got a brand new 75# Motorguide on it -- but after running the MinnKota 101 Fortrex for the last year, I don't know if I want to go back to a steel shaft that always seemed to haunt me in the past

russ010 said:
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=329637#p329637 said:
bassboy1 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:27 pm[/url]"]
russ010 said:
it better... I'm going to name it Sparkle :lol:

It needs a recessed pedal tray.... :D

Trust me... I already have you on speed dial... and after I look at it, I may have a few more things we may want to do

But like we talked about a while back when you were finishing up my boat, I'd like a pedal that goes a little deeper so that I'm actually standing level. BUT.... this has got a brand new 75# Motorguide on it -- but after running the MinnKota 101 Fortrex for the last year, I don't know if I want to go back to a steel shaft that always seemed to haunt me in the past

Im fairly sure a recessed pedal tray isn't possible on this model ranger. If thats a big deal to you ya might dig deeper into that.

Where did you get the livewell and lids in your tin rig you built? I'm redoing a boat and can't find livewells anywhere.

Thanks,
Charlie

cahardin812 said:
Where did you get the livewell and lids in your tin rig you built? I'm redoing a boat and can't find livewells anywhere.

Thanks,
Charlie

I emailed you, but so everyone else knows... I got it from FishMate Pro... Pretty sure this guy has gone out of business. He was full of excuses as to why the livewells were not made, some people didn't get them to the specs they ordered, etc etc etc... It took me 9 months to get mine.

I would talk to bassboy1... he can make you one exactly like you need it.

Latest posts