Aero Craft 12' Mod.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Action762

Reaction score
Ok so here we go. I have been lusting over everyone's mods for some time now and its finally my turn! I just bought this 12' Aero Craft for $175 bucks, much less that I intended to buy a boat for. I was told it was 14' but when I got it home and measured it, well it was 12'. Anyway I plan to put a smaller deck on the front of it to fit the trolling motor and two seats one in the front/middle and one at the rear. I would like a live well, bilge pump and aerated, and enough storage for my things. This is the FIRST time ever dabbling into something of this nature so I will be asking a lot of questions and doing a lot of research before starting. So here are a few of the pics that I have taken so far. There has been no progress as I just bought it yesterday but as I continue through the mod I will post as many pics as I can.

Any tips for posting pics? I may be doing it wrong because when I try to post they dont post? Not to sure how I guess.... Any suggestions?

You will find lots of good suggestions for mods in this section, and a tutorial on posting pics in a sticky toward the beginning of the Watering Hole forum. I found it helpful to use a Photobucket account to resize photos as necessary so they will post correctly. And welcome aboard!
Rick

Rick thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction. That is what I need to do but while at work I will not be able to because of blocks on content and such. Scott also thanks I tried to do that as well. I was able to resize the area the picture sat in, just not the picture. I will upload them when I get home and I might just wait until tomorrow morning and take good pictures with my wife’s camera. Anyway, more to come most likely tomorrow morning. Thanks again guys.

Thanks Nowake and same to you!!! I cant wait to start. I need to download the program in order to put the pictures on but it will be tomorrow. Look back soon to see the updated pics.

Did mne on the windows picture thingy (but maybe that's the same as Microsoft, IDK) then posted them to FaceBook with just me able to see them. Easest thing for me as spokesman for The Computer Illiterate! :)

I resize the pictues in Microsoft Paint and then upload that image onto a photobucket account. After you upload your photo, you can click on the picture you wish to use and it will show you a panel with image, url, html, and a few other codes. I just left click on the IMG code (it automatically "copies") and flip back to the post I wish to make. Once you are at your post, just "paste" the IMG code. I did notice that this forum won't allow me to use any images that are more than 800 pixels in height or width.

HAHA #-o Awesome Simbelle!! Well I got it to work via the "IrfanView" so that is a good thing. I tried the paint way and it didnt work for me but thanks for the info Wings! I was able to follow directions that Rick pointed out and resize so lets hope they post this time. So as a discription again, these are the pictures of the 12' V-bottom "Aero Craft". I have done NOTHING to these YET! I will be taking more pics tomorrow or possibly this weekend when I have time to ask some questions about the bottom of the boat as there are a few soft spots. I will take close-ups in order to get the proper advise on the best route to take on getting them fixed/patched. Anyway here are the pics and I will be posting more soon. Thanks for taking a look ya'll.
SternofBoat_zps41b46025.jpg

BowofBoat_zps22ebe96d.jpg

LeftsideofBoat_zps58d10660.jpg

RightsideofBoat_zps07b6ac60.jpg

BottomofBoat_zpsc8b7591e.jpg

Again I will be posting more pics as soon as I have time. Thanks again and let me know what you guys think of the boat, if it was a good buy for $175 or I got ripped of. Thanks ya'll :D

Great find! Any idea what year? Looks like a 1950's vintage because of the smooth sides. If you want to know more about Aerocraft check this out https://www.ultimate.com/aerocraft-boats/ It is full of info. Good luck and make sure you share with us.

Absolutely Scott and thanks, I thought so too just wasn’t 100% on it and your response makes me feel a whole lot better :lol: I will take a look at it when I get home tonight and let you know what year it is or a round a bout at least. I know on the side there is remnants of the Aerocraft name and logo. Any ideas of where you think I could locate a date on it? I was thinking it was old as well. I will look when I get home tonight to see if on the tag on the front, where the max weights are, if there is a date there. Thanks for the site as well looks like I could learn a lot from it!

Ok Scott great site!! Thanks again! Well this is what I found. I am still not sure of the year of the boat, but I found model numbers, "P-12" and "M-12" I will put the links under this post. Anyway I will do more research on those model numbers to see what year they were made but tell me what you guys think, if those are close to the same style as mine. It looks like they are based off of the sides and the bottoms "inside" of the boats. Thanks again that was a great site!

https://www.ultimate.com/aerocraft-boats/0377/index.html
https://www.ultimate.com/aerocraft-boats/0371/index.html

Ok so more searching on that site it shows that those model numbers where made from the years of 1958 to 1962. You where right Scott. Ok more pics to come when I start cleaning it up and fixing it. Talk to you guys soon!

Just an update guys, it is a Model M and it is from 1956'ish so Scott you know your stuff!! More to come as soon as I start the mod...

Thanks Action,
I did quite a bit of research to determine the vintage of my AeroCraft and it is still fresh in my mind so your timing was good. Another week or so and "poof" its gone. That is the beauty of this site, there is a "Boat Load" of knowledge here. I have used the pages contained here to get some great ideas and insight into tin boatdom (thats a new word). Keep up the good work!

Ok so about to start tearing this apart to get it fixed and modified. But I asked a question in another post and never got any response. Not sure if anyone knows the answer or if there is not an answer to it? Anyone help me on this one. Here is a link to the post.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25283

You do NOT have to have floatation in your boat. The original manufacturer my be required to but that is where it ends. The thing you will get dinged on would be if you were over the persons capacity but I think that is it. They put the floatation in so they can market it as a safe boat. If you think about it, the big fiberglass boats do not have floatation in them, the may have foam in the hauls but that is only to dampen sound and insulate the cabin. Those things sink like a rock when they spring a leak. They can only hope the bilge pump can keep up. I have seen it first hand on the Great Lakes. Around here if your boat sinks a couple things can happen. You can retrieve it or someone can claim it as salvage and remove it and they are the new owners or in Michigan if the Department of Natural Resourses removes it they charge you for it. All that being said I believe it is up to you what you do with your boat.

Thanks a ton Scott... I figured that it wasnt going to be a law thing. Great info and thanks for the explanation. So tomorrow I will be going to price a trailer and look at 2x2's, plywood and outdoor carpet to get a lay out for a budget. I dont think I will need much but we will see. I might strap the boat to the top of my Jeep Patriot, because the truck in the pic was a friend's work truck that he let me use to haul it home, and go scrub/spray it off at the local carwash to see if that dirt will come off. I may have to use a hard bristle brush because that crap is on there. Anyway I will update with pics if I make progress tomorrow.

Latest posts