Q-14 (semi V) AeroCraft Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found some time to work on the trailer so I added a front roller, wired the lights and adjusted the bunks and rollers so the boat is secure. I have to add safety chains or cables for the bow and the tow hook-up. I will also add some side guides to help align the boat in the trailer. Overall I am happy with outcome.

Attachments

• DF Trailer 3-2-13 (1).JPG
    DF Trailer 3-2-13 (1).JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,107
  • DF Trailer 3-2-13 (2).JPG
    DF Trailer 3-2-13 (2).JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,107
  • DF Trailer 3-2-13 (3).JPG
    DF Trailer 3-2-13 (3).JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,107
Awesome job on your fishing machine! My coworkers and I were just checking it out, very nice. We have a couple questions. First, do you think you will have any handling/drafting concerns by adding the weight? Second, your battery, when it becomes available. Approximate price? Location to buy? We are in the Lansing MI area, Clare is a stop on the way to Houghton Lake for us. Thanks

Congrats on a very fine job

Hi,
Thank you, I have been hard at it all winter. I am just waiting for a ramp to open up so I can perform a shakedown run. As far as the boat is concerned I do not anticipate any drafting problems with this set-up. I have done a few conversions and have found that the boat sits down nice and is not a tippy. Sure I give up some speed but I spend more time creeping around with the electric on the inland lakes and also as I drift the rivers. This boat is set up for two people but will be mostly used by just one (me). I searched around for this hull because it is rated for 860 lbs and rated to a 30 H.P. max. I can't wait to get out and bang some fish with it. As far as the battery, the 24 GC2 size will retail for $350.00. Compare that to 2 (two) 12 volt batteries and we are right in line. Add in the fact that our battery weighs 40% less each and will charge in 1/2 the time. We are currently getting production off the ground and they could be available within a month or so. Contact me at [email protected] and I will keep you up to date. Thanks for the kind words....Fish On!

Ordered my bow light today and fitted the side guides for the trailer. There are a few more things I need to do to finish this project. I want to make a transom saver that will also keep the keel up for clearance while towing. I also need some rod holders and various ropes for docking. The Walleye opener is the last Sat. in April in Michigan and I plan to be on the water with a full functioning boat that morning. Fish On!

Attachments

• Side guide.JPG
    Side guide.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,088
You have a dream of a shop it looks like, clean and organized. Extreme props on the build also, I like your layout. I have you bookmarked to help me with ideas for my project. Good luck in the tournament!

Also favorite comment of the thread: "I will have to elevate the front floor but not too high because I do not want a high center of gravity up front" =D>

Some builds I think "this cant be fun to stand up on and cast from" etc.

I think that this set-up will fish good. I plan to get it on the water real soon and will let you know how it feels. Thanks for the kind words. Fish On!

Catch Grab pt. #1659A5 from McMaster-Carr $1.36 ea.

FYI....I also trick out golf carts...lol HAPPY St. Patty's Day.

Attachments

• Patty Cart.JPG
    Patty Cart.JPG
    215.6 KB · Views: 1,070
Scott Mac said:
BLING!!! for no other reason. Told my wife it was for function....She's not buying it!
PLEASE post a picture of the inside of your rod locker with the lights on in the dark!!! I may have to do that on my new boat!!!

Pushing hard towards the goal line dispite the weather (2" fresh snow this A.M.). Added cleats, bow light watts-up meter (monitors 24 volt battery) and velcro type rod holders. Placing an order for (4) rod holders from Bass Pro (on sale for $11.97 pair) til end of month. Come on SPRING!!!! Fish On!

Attachments

• Dead Phish Rod Holder(4).JPG
    Dead Phish Rod Holder(4).JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,354
  • Dead Phish Watts-up (3).JPG
    Dead Phish Watts-up (3).JPG
  • Dead Phish battery (2).JPG
    Dead Phish battery (2).JPG
  • Dead Phish bow (1).JPG
    Dead Phish bow (1).JPG
Hi Bigwave,
Watts-up meters sell for about $42.00 on e-bay. We use them at work so we buy several at one time and pay less about $38.00. Because it is for research on our batteries the company is supplying it. I made them well aware that extensive field testing will be required to assure the quality of the batteries. Hey...."anything for the company"...right? Fish On!

Hi OklaAngler,
Sorry it took so long to post the picture you requested but this work thing keeps getting in my way. But here it is, like I posted it is for bling and not necessaryly for function but it does add light to the inside of the side compartment. I ended up favoring one side because the light is 6' long and about 40" of it is for the floor. I hope this helps. Fish On!

Attachments

• SDC11750.JPG
    SDC11750.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,335
I can't wait any longer...I will go in search of an open ramp so I can shake this rig down. I banged out a transom saver so I don't drag the motor on drives and speed bumps.

Attachments

• SDC11780.JPG
    SDC11780.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,321
  • SDC11776.JPG
    SDC11776.JPG
  • SDC11773.JPG
    SDC11773.JPG
Great build, I am in the middle of my build on a 14ft deep vee blue fin..pics and built thread later,..I am going to steal your transom saver idea.. maybe see you on the bay somtime !

Hi arrowlauncher,
Thank you. I tried out the transom saver last weekend and it worked great. FYI...The trailer attachment is a black pipe cap that I bolted to the middle rear roller bracket. I then screwed a 3" long nipple into that. Because the nipple O.D. was a very tight fit to the I.D. of the pipe I roughly ground the O.D. on a bench grinder until it went in with little resistance. Then I cross pinned the two and put a hitch pin to hold it on and also anti-rotate the assembly. My cost in that whole device was about $10.00 vs. $69.00 for a store bought unit. Fish On!

This is as nice a build as I have seen on this site. Not saying it's the best, but in my eyes it's up there. =D>

Latest posts