Aero Craft 12' Mod.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys here are the pics that I keep talking about. My wrist feels really good today, a bit sore, but tolerable. So I was going to go and work on the patch ie. drill the holes, cut the patch piece, rough the surfaces, apply the JB Weld and rivet the patch and after the JB Weld dried apply the silicone sealant....... BUT the weather sucks and it is raining and very wet here and I need it to be dry because I will be working on it on my back uncovered patio. Anyway here are the pics of the trolling motor and the new seats that I bought on SALE :lol: from Bass Pro Shop... As soon as its try I will post the pics of the patch. Enjoy...

resizedseat1_zps35ca9958.jpg

resizedseat2_zps3b90c304.jpg

I put the seat I pulled out of the box down on a chair and sat on it. It is originally $50 on sale for $25 but I think the reason is because it is HARD as hell, as in NOT soft to sit on LOL :shock: ... you know what that means 8) they will "HAFTA" to be broke in LOL.

resizedmotor8_zps2404b1f9.jpg

This is a picture of the handle. It has a nice nifty little extension on it. Good thing I didnt get the Minn Kota extension at Walmart for $20 lol
resizedmotor7_zps5706ddae.jpg

resizedmotor5_zpsa7c9b8ba.jpg

resizedmotor4_zpscea44726.jpg

This picture is just showing the cables, they look like they were never even hooked up to a battery.... EVER lol all in all as a whole this is a VERY nice buy for $100 I dont think it was ever in the water. So its brand new!! :lol: Just a few scuffs from sitting in a pawn shop for 5+ months.
resizedmotor3_zps460f7c66.jpg

resizedmotor2_zps1dd98e6f.jpg

resizedmotor1_zpsb3151b31.jpg

Here are a two pics that I just had to show, My new rod Abu Garcia SilverMax, First bait caster btw, and the other is just my Tackle Box, A month ago it was empty :mrgreen: Just happy it is all coming together with budget buys... thank God for the all mighty sale [-o< Let me know what you guys think
resizedAbuGarciaSilverMax_zps76e16065.jpg

resizedAbuGarciaSilverMax_zps76e16065.jpg

Talk to yall soon...

Lookin' good! I've been adding to my tacklebox, too. I swear they make lures more to attract fishermen than fish and price accordingly. Currently, I'm big into Gambler soft baits and War Eagle spinnerbaits. I just try to fill any "voids" in my fishing lure department and hope that I can learn how and when to use them effectively.

If you can, clean the hole and area around the hole with a wire brush or coarse sandpaper. Scuff it up pretty good and degrease with acetone to remove any oils or contaminants. Apply the JB and allow to set and cure. If the patch is going onto a curved surface, spend the time and shape the patch to the contour before you start riveting. Try to make the patch at least twice as large as the damaged area you are trying to patch. Once you have the patch formed and you are ready to start shooting the rivets, get ahold of a good adhesive sealant such as 3M 5200. Coat the patch with the sealant and each individual rivet as you insert them into the holes. It's messy, but it will seal! You can shoot rivets and then wipe the excess off with acetone. At least, that's how we put patches on cargo jets. I would assume if it is good for 40,000 feet, 500 mph, temp swings of -70F to 100F, it should do good on a little aluminum boat to keep out a little water. :mrgreen: Hope the wrist is healing up pretty well for ya.

Nice finds on all the new toys! I need to check pawn shops for some things... You got me thinkin...lol Glad to hear of your speedy recovery.

Hey guys sorry I havent been on for a few days had some things going on and my wife took a few days off so I spent them with her to make her happy, happy wife is a happy life right :lol: so she bought me a new gun, Sig Sauer SR2022 :mrgreen: I sure was happy then I got to thinking.... My wrist is all jacked up and I cant shoot it :? so she did :shock: and taunted me in more ways than one :lol: Here she is on the range shooting MY new gun LOL...
Betterhalfwithnewgun_zps5fecdc4d.jpg

So anyway back to my boat, I had every intention of getting up early and working on it because it was supposed to be a fairly nice day, but I slept in a little bit with the better half and we went and had breakfast before her late night shift, "retail Manger". So I got started on it about 12:30pm today and low and behold.... RAIN came in :evil: That sure did piss me off because was supposed to be a nice day! But I did get a few things done. Wings thanks for the advice, it sure helped... Kind of the idea that I had but your advice sure was the cherry on top. So I scuffed the surfaces today that will have the JB on it. I bought the MarineWeld from Bass Pro same price as the JB so I figured it might work better seeing how it will be in the water ie MARINE lol. Anyway I also bought this stuff, "Permatex, 1B, Form-A gasket Sealant", basically it is an engine gasket sealant so I assumed it would work to put on the rivets for sealant. If you think the 3M 5200 will work better let me know and I will pick that up instead. The next dry days I get out here I will be setting the JB with the patch and riveting it to the boat. Basically the progress I got done today was the scuffing inside and outside of the hull, drilling out the bad rivets and drilling the rivet holes for the aluminum patch, then the rain hit. Here are the pics so let me know what you think. Oh and Wings let me know if that is enough space for the patch, the crack itself is only about 2.5 inches and the square aluminum patch is 8inx8in, I figure that should be enough...
This is the scuff before I drilled out the rivet holes.
Scuffofcrack_zps2a426558.jpg

The next few are the rivet holes along the seams. There are 6 total and in the old pictures you can see the the last owner used rubber washers and a olt and nut to seal the hole ?!?! #-o Not smart lol
Rivethole1_zps5ea04cfa.jpg

Rivethole2_zps2c159989.jpg

Rivethole3_zpsb7e3eca1.jpg

This last picture is one that shows the scuff and the drill holes for the aluminum sheet patch.
Scuffwithdrillholesofcrack_zps6fe3a18d.jpg

And one last picture showing what a shitty day it turned into... Let me know what you think and the next few dry days I will be getting more done and posting more pics. Thanks yall.
Boatwithbackground_zpsad1e779d.jpg

I'm late and you already bought your materials, but it looks like your boat may be even older than mine and has a lot of fatigue. ( That's why they take aircraft out of service, but boats don't fly, at least not the ones you and I own.) I used fiberglass tape reinforced with Marine Tex; now it's probably significantly more expensive, but I don't think I will ever have to worry about the issues o it popping out with the flex of the boat like I have read about a hundred times on this and other sights. Then again, the marine weld or whatever you got might last you as long as you need it to. Good luck.

Plz excuse the above comment> I should have checked to see were the hole was. Being on the bottom that is most defiantly a aluminium patch, sealed with 5200 and bolted,, riveted, or welded (your choice), I had a small area in the back of my boat were there was a hole in the floor and someone had patched it with aluminium , sealant and stainless steel bolts and its a good patch and I just stripped the paint off, sealed the boat with gluvet a painted over it outside and marine tex'ed the inside and sanded it down and sealed and painted.

Here's my new toy, I bought a Romy G kit from a guy at work 50 dollars. He had it for about 5 years and never put it together. I sent it off to have it built with the thought that I could have bought one complete cheaper, then all that school shooting mess came about and everyone is freaking out about possibility of bans and now it's worth a great deal more than what I have in it. I have seen some for 650, but I tend to think I have a high end build. Maybe, maybe not, but it's the prettiest ugly rifle I own.

408787_342735742494120_437802743_n.jpg

Lookin' good to me! A patch that size should be plenty sufficient. If it were mine, I would do another row of rivets about 1" inward and spaced between the rivet holes you have laid out. I can't say much about the Permatex on a boat, but I have used it and had good results with it on other jobs. You will have that hole patched up in no time.

I almost went for the 2022, but CZ just won me over. I also had a (cheap) AK, but didn't like it near as much as my SKS, so I sent it packing. I'm working on my second AR15 build now and this one has been in the planning and acquisition stage for a little over a year. The dang things just keeps on taking money! I've got a good bit of money in parts and I am still down a barrel and lower receiver. :roll: