Rhyan Craft: Now BRINE CRAFT

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Man. I appreciate the kind words.

Rhyan Craft was headquarted in El Dorado, Arkansas and built them from the early 70's to late 80's. Because I own one now, I guess I'm a little more in tune with how frequently I see them, (which isn't often), but it seems as though they built my boat fairly well. I say that by noticing how the ribs were formed and attached to the hull. It's a sturdy boat. I had never heard of them prior to getting the boat a few years ago. More often than not, I have people see pics of it and think that it's fiberglass (I guess because I painted it white) and are suprised to learn it's aluminum.

Thanks again for the compliment, and hope to see your project one day.

hey man... how is that Herculiner holding up on the trailer?

I've got a gallon sitting around the house, just not sure I want to use it or not

russ010 said:
hey man... how is that Herculiner holding up on the trailer?

I've got a gallon sitting around the house, just not sure I want to use it or not

Good as new. I don't see any drawbacks and would do it to every trailer I own.

Just went through every page and read (almost) every line. WOW. You and bassboy are the men! This boat is really quality and so impressive. Makes me rethink my project. Great job, thanks for the ideas and inspiration! =D>

I've been thinking about using sandwich sign blanks similar to your ACM for my decking to reduce weight. How did the ACM work long term? Would you do it again?

Windman7 said:
I've been thinking about using sandwich sign blanks similar to your ACM for my decking to reduce weight. How did the ACM work long term? Would you do it again?

Darn... Sorry for the late reply Windman. The ACM should work great long term on this boat because of how I framed it. If I had to do it over, I'd have someone bend aluminum sheet and do away with alot of the framing, but at $2/sq ft..... I'd use it again if I was framing it the same way.

When I started reading this build, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. This has to be one of the nicest transformations I've seen. Great job Brine!

+1 Awesome thread, awesome build with the right character and quality craftsmanship! =D>

Brine- You did a great job! Thanks for the inspiration and the advice (seeing your thread) on how do the decking and what to use for it. I was thinking about going the sealed wood route, but I'm re-thinking that and will probably go with all aluminum now. Great work.

-RLP

Latest posts