New guy with project. Deep V Mirrocraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
natetrack said:
Had some time today and thought that i would post a schematic of the wiring i plan on doing on the boat. let me know what you guys think. I plan on using relays to provide clean power to each accessory to avoid complications later. this will all be in a waterproof box.

gotta love wiring. :D

I have a question. How does routing the power through relays provide cleaner power than just running the wire direct from the fuses?

My knowledge of such things is somewhat limited...

Relays isolate each power source. They are not on all the time like a fuse. they are used a lot in car audio to isolate noise to the amp. I like using them also, because you can run more amps through a relay than you can run through a switch. The set up I will be using uses the switches to turn the relay on, which in turn allows power to your accessory.

I finally finished the boat and took it on its maiden voyage. Everything went great, no water in the boat, engine started on the third pull, all of my electronics worked, and I even caught a few fish. I will get pics up as soon as I can.

natetrack said:
I will get pics up as soon as I can.

But that's not soon enough! :mrgreen:

I need ideas now that I finally have the bathroom painted, bike sold, pool installed and all the end-of-school-year kid's activities out of the way. Now it's just me and the boat! [-o<

Mark

Latest posts