Ryno's 18' polarkraft complete rebuild (slowly but surely)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ryno685 said:
Hey thanks bud! You have a thread on yours? If you do, you should put a link in your signature. Maybe we can help each other out some. I've got a long ways to go on mine still yet. Just hopin' to be able to fish out of her this year! 8)
Yep, here it is.
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29768

Man we about got the same boat build going on! I have an 18ftr too that is in a certain amount of disrepair. I want versatility out of my rig too.

Do you plan on creating any storage? How big are you going to make your front platform? Have you thought through the bow lights for bowfishing? I.E. genny or batteries led lights or low sulphur halos? Sorry for the barrage of questions. But I think we may have similar goals in mind. Good luck. I'm tuned in and following along.

SMOOTHboar said:
Man we about got the same boat build going on! I have an 18ftr too that is in a certain amount of disrepair. I want versatility out of my rig too.

Do you plan on creating any storage? How big are you going to make your front platform? Have you thought through the bow lights for bowfishing? I.E. genny or batteries led lights or low sulphur halos? Sorry for the barrage of questions. But I think we may have similar goals in mind. Good luck. I'm tuned in and following along.

Yeah I plan on as much storage as I can get. Hate clutter...but it is inevitable sometimes. As far as the platform size goes...I'm not sure yet. I know I will make it removable with light rail underneath. Still debating on type of lights. I would love hps or LEDs, but right now my budget trumps my wants list.:???: As far as the actual casting deck goes it will take up almost the whole front half of the boat. Here is a 3min drawing I did the other day on break. Sorry not the best or to scale, but I needed something to help visualize!:D not sure if you can read the writing...it is a phone pic of paper, but you can get the jist of it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364928448533.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364928448533.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 1,783
smackdaddy53 said:
Ryno685 said:
Hey thanks bud! You have a thread on yours? If you do, you should put a link in your signature. Maybe we can help each other out some. I've got a long ways to go on mine still yet. Just hopin' to be able to fish out of her this year! 8)
Yep, here it is.
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29768

Just checked out your thread. Man that is one sweet build you've got goin! Will be following. Keep up the good work!

Ryno685 said:
SMOOTHboar said:

Yeah I plan on as much storage as I can get. Hate clutter...but it is inevitable sometimes. As far as the platform size goes...I'm not sure yet. I know I will make it removable with light rail underneath. Still debating on type of lights. I would love hps or LEDs, but right now my budget trumps my wants list.:???: As far as the actual casting deck goes it will take up almost the whole front half of the boat. Here is a 3min drawing I did the other day on break. Sorry not the best or to scale, but I needed something to help visualize!:D not sure if you can read the writing...it is a phone pic of paper, but you can get the jist of it.

So are you not going to have the third row? I was thinking about moving the forward bench back about 6" and dropping in a removable platform that would lay ontop of some angle alluminum. I will try and do a drawing tonight in th hotel to give you a refence.

Nope. No third row. Front seat is coming out and the casting deck will go all the way back to the middle seat.

Ryno685 said:
Nope. No third row. Front seat is coming out and the casting deck will go all the way back to the middle seat.

That's GINORMOUS!

Yup. That's how I roll :twisted: ! :LOL2: I hardly ever have more than 2 extra people with me, so two bench seats oughta be enough.

Well time for a little update. Got the new transom boards cut out and fit up together. I'm sitting in a lawn chair out in the garage watching glue dry as I type this. Plywood is one inch marine grade that I got from a guy at work. Came out of old refrigeration boxcars we rebuilt about six years ago, that's what they had in them for flooring. Got all the old paint sanded off and the stuff looked brand new. Solid as a rock! S-W-E-E-T!:D

Got the boat cleaned up on the back end earlier this week, so gonna go grab my father-in-laws tig welder later and head over to dad's to get all the holes the po drilled in the transom welded up. Wish I didn't have to drive 20 min to work on it, but hey that's life.:)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365796453322.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365796453322.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,735
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365796485262.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365796485262.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,735
looks like you're doing a great job! Can't wait to see this progress. Next winters project will be a jon boat...

Thanks guys! Wish it was movin along a little quicker than it is, but to quote my dad "patience is a virtue...boy" lol! I don't know how many times I heard that growin' up!

Sorry for no updates lately. Serious lack of time and funds. Just figured I'd let everyone know I'm still alive and kickin'! Hopefully I'll be able to get back to work on her soon!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=328245#p328245 said:
Ryno685 » Today, 08:52[/url]"]Sorry for no updates lately. Serious lack of time and funds. Just figured I'd let everyone know I'm still alive and kickin'! Hopefully I'll be able to get back to work on her soon!

Brother I know the feeling,

Thanks for the update. Its all about how it turns out not how fast it was built. I have a sigh in my office that says, "You want it fast, or you want it right"

Latest posts