Starting my mod (14ft alumacraft) - new pics 5/27

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White paint added:

Feb012008002.jpg

Looking good Joe! Think of all the stuff you could paint in that big white area :lol:

Bit of advice - make sure you wax the white area several times a year - otherwise you will have a brown and white area pretty quickly

esquired said:
Looking good Joe! Think of all the stuff you could paint in that big white area :lol:

Bit of advice - make sure you wax the white area several times a year - otherwise you will have a brown and white area pretty quickly

Yes! Learned that the hard way on a previous boat I painted :lol:

Finally back at it... I know it's been a while, but I have been busy with teaching and coaching baseball. I am on spring break this week so after completing a wood laminate floor for my wife I have been working on the boat. I will post some pics either tonight or tomorrow. I need to get my computer from school as it takes xd cards.

Well here are some updated pictures:

First the paint job out of the garage.
Apr112008001.jpg

Front shelf/deck to mount new trolling motor. There will be storage underneath and one fish finder mounted on top as well. Played around with the idea of mounting fish finder flush (kind of like built in, but would give up storage space and might be kind of hard to see from front deck seat.
Apr112008003.jpg

Here is the small front deck. There will also be two storage areas for tackle (will fit 12 utility boxes)
Apr112008004.jpg

Dual rod lockers. Each side will hold up to 5 7' rods when I need that many. Hope to use one side as extra storage as I fish alone a lot. The main floor was finished and carpeted before I started taking pictures.
Apr112008005.jpg

Hope to make more progress today and post more pics tonight: Anyway one last photo of my two biggest fans and occasional helpers:
Apr112008010.jpg

pbw said:
Nice!

I see you have two boat trailers? :eek:

Yes you do. I also have a 14' jon boat that I have had for a while. It was previously modded by somebody else and I am going to redo it for electric only lakes or to sell.

That's lookin great Joe. What's the lenght and width of that boat? How many seats did you take out to get 7' rod lockers in there? I'm really liking that design. Keep up the good work. =D>

Dave

seaarc said:
That's lookin great Joe. What's the lenght and width of that boat? How many seats did you take out to get 7' rod lockers in there? I'm really liking that design. Keep up the good work. =D>

Dave

14' length... I only took out the center seat. The seats attach at the top and there is a space which gives me the extra length to get the rods in. It's hard to explain w/out a pic so I will post some when I get back in town.

Just bringing this back to the top. I have been working some when I have time. In the spring I coach varsity baseball so I have been very limited. Now that the spring season is over I plan to get the boat finished this weekend. I am stopping by Mike's on the way home to pick up some blue water led lights. Wanted to get all the wiring done before I finish the decking. I will have plenty of pics to post this weekend.

Seniors get their finals next Tues & Wed, underclassmen finals on Friday. Graduation on Friday night at 7pm. After graduation I have to work Project Graduation from 11pm to 4am. Gonna be a long *** day as I get up 4:30 to go to work, then have to work all night until the next morning. We had a meeting after work today, and my only question was "Will there be ample amounts of coffee there?" :lol:

Got a lot of work done over the weekend. Spent a lot of time running all of my wiring before I finished the decking, it actually took longer then I thought so I still have some work left to do. I thought I'd go ahead and share some of my progress.

Trolling motor deck and new trolling motor. I also mounted the front fish finder and added storage hatch so I could store some stuff under the tm deck. I don't want to waste any space.
May272008001.jpg

May272008009.jpg

View of full front deck. There are two storage compartments(hard to see them) and they are lighted with blue water LED's. Wasn't quite dark enough to get a good picture of them and then it started raining so I save those for later.
May272008002-1.jpg

Another view of the front deck w/ my blue water LED's for the front deck. I went with the blue, but this isn't the greatest pic because it wasn't dark yet. The rain was starting and I at least wanted a picture of them.
May272008008.jpg

Left side Rod locker. Will hold at least 6 rods and is lighted with blue water led lights.
May272008003.jpg

May272008004.jpg

Right side rod locker. Will fit a couple of rods. Will mainly be used for misc. storage. Mounted the on board charger in this compartment and also a switch panel.
May272008005.jpg

Back deck area framing. I still need to complete this section and mount the FF/GPS unit, but the rain started to fall.
May272008007.jpg

Wiring is all hooked up to switch panel and I will finish up the mount after I finish the wiring for the trolling motor as I still need to get in there as I am extending the trolling motor wiring all the way to the back of the boat.
May272008011.jpg

Got these at bps on sale. Got base, pole and seat mount all for 21.99 during one of the sales back a few months ago. It was over half off normal price. I got a set for the back as well.
May272008012.jpg

Got to decide what to hang off the back. I got both of these motors very cheap. First is a 93 Evinrude 8hp.. second is a 2006 B&S 5HP. Have less then 600 in both motors. I don't know jack about motors. The evinrude hasn't been run in 5years but is very clean. The briggs runs like a top. Got to decide whether to sell the evinrude and use the money for other things, or sell the briggs and use the money to have somebody work on the Evinrude.
May012008013.jpg

May012008014.jpg

May012008015.jpg

Sure has come a long way since:
100_1223.jpg

100_1221.jpg

Latest posts