1st Annual Tinboats.Net Labor Day weekend Tournament

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put me in for that tourny. I will be fishing on that Friday night for sure. A bunch of us, the new "Full Moon Fishing Club", will be catfishing that night at a local lake, but I can't help but throw for some bass at the same time. Especially at night. Then I think we're heading up into the cooler air of the Sierras for some camping and trout fishing, and I know there's no bass up there.

Ok the mystery item that must be included in the picture is a nice shiny penny. You can be holding the bass and the penny or you can put the bass on the ground next to a penny.

Remember, I have to judge which fish is the biggest. If I can't decide, all the active participants will vote.

Read the rules, have lots of fun, Catch some fish, and most importantly.....be safe.

Happy Labor day weekend folks! :D

Let the games Begin!
Jim

Oh Great!!!! Where am I gonna find a penny???
All i have is a bunch of old gold coins and paper money.. I guess I'm screwed
blowup.gif

10-4 on the penny good buddy!!!

Hittin the lake tomorrow evening after work....man I cant wait!!!!

Got the batteries on charge now...fuel is in the tank...rods are strapped down....

Heck with it Im calling in tomorrow...LOL :D

Man, Z-man caught a nice fish today at our weekly Tx, I took a pic for him, but the shiny penny was forgotten! Maybe he'll get out later today or tomorrow :)

I'm gonna add stick baits (senkos), as well as several new colors to the store in the next day or two, just in time for the winner, hopefully :)

Oh well. My weekend was shot. Got the boat ready last night, and this morning we went up to lake acworth - an electric only lake that spills over into Allatoona, the large reservoir right near here. Well, we get there, and they have all this festival stuff set up in the main park there. Okay, we can still use the ramp right? Well no. They have trucks parked halfway down the ramp. We start to untie our boat, to carry it to the water. The fellers setting up stuff there don't bother saying anything. Then, one guy who pulled in right behind us, went over and asked, and they said no boats on the lake all weekend. He came back and told us. The real annoying thing is, there is no sign, and the fellers working there didn't bother telling us, until the guy went over and asked.
Well, we can't leave the trailer there, and there isn't any bank access any where else on the lake, so we have to go home. There is no way we are putting a boat on Allatoona on a holiday weekend. To dangerous, and even with a bigger boat, there is so much commotion, it is pointless anyway. And, Allatoona has absolutely no bank access worth fishing. The only other alternative woulda been the river below Allatoona, but we wouldn't do that without the outboard, and a generation schedule.

I guess this means I am officially out of this tourney. Good luck to the rest of yall! Hope to see some lunkers brought in here.

esquired said:
dampeoples said:
I'm gonna add stick baits (senkos), as well as several new colors to the store in the next day or two, just in time for the winner, hopefully :)

IT IS ABOUT TIME

Thank you, I added Coffee Bean just for you, sir. I forgot all about chart, bubble gum and a few others, though, need to go add those as well.

dampeoples said:
Man, Z-man caught a nice fish today at our weekly Tx, I took a pic for him, but the shiny penny was forgotten! Maybe he'll get out later today or tomorrow :)

Don't worry, I remembered the penny! I wanted to get out again today but I was too exhausted.

Got out today...caught 3...didnt have any size to them though and i didnt get to get any pics...we kinda forgot a camera and the phone was in the truck :(

Caught this one Sunday during a weekly tournament hosted by the club I fish with. Got it early on a wacky rigged custom senko, and man did it fight! Turned out to be a very trying day though.

I sprung a leak in the back of the boat, soon after I had put another fish in the livewell. I ran all the way back to the launch, taking on water. Fortunately, the bait shop at the lake had some epoxy. My boat was full of water, so I let that drain, set the epoxy and waited about 45 min. for the epoxy to dry. Finally tried to head back out and as soon as I dropped the boat in, another leak shot up like a little geyser! Unreal! I was ready to give up and let my fish go, but I checked the livewell and they were kickin. So, another package of epoxy and 40 minutes of dry time, I finally got back on the water. Didn't catch another fish all day!

Missed over 2 hours of prime time fishing, what a shame, especially since I had just found a few fish! But I stuck with it and at least kept my two fish alive. Finished 4th, out of 6. Not great but it was worth it to catch this fish, my biggest in a while. It went about 3.5, my two fish for the day went 4.4 on the club scale, (the second fish was only about 13", not really worth a picture!)

So, crazy day, also destroyed my transducer on a stump and cut the wire. Honestly, I'd do it all again tomorrow if I could!

Good luck everyone, hope all had better luck and safer trips on the water than I did!

-Z

Attachments

• zman3_8_bass.jpg
    zman3_8_bass.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 2,013
Dang......I went out yesterday and today, and only caught 5, 12-13inch bass.3 were largemouth and 1 was a spot the other a smallie.

Maybe next time I can produce something a little bigger to show off.

I had an awesome day of fishing. Got out to the lake around 8. Caught the big one on a watermelon and black flake senko with a 1/0 hook. I couldn't believe how big he was when he broke the surface. It was a great fight. Caught the middle one on one of jimmy's green pumpkin senkos. Great worms jim. And caught the little one on live shiners AKA cheater bait says bassaddict1976. It just goes to show you can catch big fish from the shore.

Attachments

• 9.5lb.JPG
    9.5lb.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 1,988
  • 4lb.JPG
    4lb.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 1,987
  • 3lb.JPG
    3lb.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 1,987
Lucky yall. You got to even wet a line. :(

Hey shiner, that doesn't count. Your penny isn't shiny :lol: :lol:

Heres my entry for the tourney

GooseEgg.jpg

Yup thats right the ole Addict got a huge goose egg, so instead I had to bask in the glow of shinermans monster catch, which was almost as enjoyable as catching it myself. However if he catches another monster before me im cutting his line before he lands it, just so I dont have to listen to him talk smack all day!!!!

Latest posts