Smackdaddy's "Pole Dancer" 1652 Polar Kraft flush deck jet b

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way to GO Smack! Really GREAT JOB! You've come a LONG way brother, keep on trucking. The ends is in sight!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Bagger Out

Badbagger said:
Way to GO Smack! Really GREAT JOB! You've come a LONG way brother, keep on trucking. The ends is in sight! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Bagger Out
I couldn't agree more! =D> Killer work Smack, esp. those sponsons! :)

The holidays and a head cold have slowed me down a bit but I am picking up a twice used Minn Kota Riptide 55 with CoPilot today for $450. I could not pass it up! I don't troll much so going with the 12v will keep my weight down. It has a disconnect plate for days I know I wont need it (which will not be often).
I need to get the drain tubes welded in and solid rivet a few holes where I drilled out the seats. Next step after that is float testing!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=335895#p335895 said:
smackdaddy53 » 18 minutes ago[/url]"]The holidays and a head cold have slowed me down a bit but I am picking up a twice used Minn Kota Riptide 55 with CoPilot today for $450. I could not pass it up! I don't troll much so going with the 12v will keep my weight down. It has a disconnect plate for days I know I wont need it (which will not be often).
I need to get the drain tubes welded in and solid rivet a few holes where I drilled out the seats. Next step after that is float testing!

Brother I know what you mean. Its not been cold here but the weather has been snotty, rainy and windy making it difficult to get anything done. Not to mention the hustle and bustle of the holidays. 55lbs thrust should pull you around just fine. You'll be happy after the float test, I know I was.

Don't get discourage these things take time. I have a sign in my office that's says "You want it done fast or you want it done right"............................................... :mrgreen:

Country Dave said:
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=335895#p335895 said:
smackdaddy53 » 18 minutes ago[/url]"]The holidays and a head cold have slowed me down a bit but I am picking up a twice used Minn Kota Riptide 55 with CoPilot today for $450. I could not pass it up! I don't troll much so going with the 12v will keep my weight down. It has a disconnect plate for days I know I wont need it (which will not be often).

Brother I know what you mean. Its not been cold here but the weather has been snotty, rainy and windy making it difficult to get anything done. Not to mention the hustle and bustle of the holidays. 55lbs thrust should pull you around just fine. You'll be happy after the float test, I know I was.

Don't get discourage these things take time. I have a sign in my office that's says "You want it done fast or you want it done right"............................................... :mrgreen:
Naa, Im not discouraged, just ready to get this **** thing wet and go catch some fish! Paddling my kayak several miles to catch fish really limits my fishing. We catch some good fish though! I have caught seven trout 24-26 1/2" the last two trips.

Man I wish I had half of the metal working skills you or Country Dave have! Both your boats are sick, nice work.

Gators5220 said:
Man I wish I had half of the metal working skills you or Country Dave have! Both your boats are sick, nice work.
Thanks man! Many years of construction, metal fabrication and sore hands paid off I guess.
I ordered my GatorGlideG4 and should begin coating the bottom and sides as soon as it comes in.
I got my solid aluminum rivets, bucking bar and air hammer a couple of days ago so I can rivet the old rivet holes where the seats were mounted. Once I get them riveted I am taking her to the lake for the float test to see where I want to put my console, gas tank and batteries. Once I lay that out I can place my hatches where I can access everything under the deck easily. Some time soon will be the Tuffcoat nonskid coating on the deck and top of float pods.
I got a great deal on a MinnKota 55 SP CoPilot remote trolling motor the other day. It is all coming together finally!
So far I have:
A boat and motor, of course

Trolling motor with quick release deck plate and RAM mount that holds the shaft near the head and keeps it from bouncing on rough rides when it is stowed away.

Aluminum poling platform

90 quart K2 Cryo ice chest with custom starboard top I made so it will mount on the front of the boat and double as a casting platform

21 foot Stiffy Guide Series push pole with Stiffy bungee deck brackets

94 quart igloo fish box with cushioned top and aluminum rack for captains leaning post

Fiberglass mini console with grab bar and lexan tinted windshield I made with 2 double aluminum rod holders for each side

MinnKota 4 bank onboard charger

MinnKota LED battery indicator

3 Optima D31M Blue Top batteries with trays and hold down straps (1 for motor, 1 for accessories, 1 reserve)

One large gel cell for trolling motor

25 gallon below deck gas tank

Stainless 5 spoke steering wheel
(Getting a Teleflex NFB steering kit after I figure out console location so my cables are the correct length)

Tempress hatches

2 24" and 1 48" Flounderpro underwater light bars (I am making a removeable rack and more above water LEDs for gigging trips)

Perko switches etc

(Pictures will be added soon)

More info on these underwater flounder light bars please. I need to replace the round 9 led spotlights with a bar.... thanks

-coaltrain- said:
More info on these underwater flounder light bars please. I need to replace the round 9 led spotlights with a bar.... thanks
They are flounderpro LEDs, check out their website. I just designed some 20 watt submersible flounder lights for a big company and will get the prototype in next week. After I test them they will be sold online from a reputable dealer here in the USA.

Yesterday I set three of my optimas in the front of the boat where they will be mounted and temporarily screwed down the decking and bent my gunnel caps on the edge of my sheets and left them a little long so I can take them off after the float test. The very front will have a piece of gunnel cap cut to fit after I get the float test done and cut out my hatches. I still have to buy my under deck fuel tank too.
After the float test I will know an approximate draft line so I can terminate my GatorGlideG4 bottom coating just above the water line. I am going with Dark Grey bottom and about 6" up the sides and light grey Duralux from there up to the gunnels and then light grey Tuffcoat on the tops of the pods and deck. I think it will look sharp!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387912776.516042.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1387912796.033201.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1387912825.316352.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1387912838.516645.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1387912849.333522.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1387912861.399015.jpg

Latest posts