Hobbies

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duck hunting takes up my fall and a lot of the off season. I'm going to start carving decoys after the season closes. I have pattern books on the way.

I'm hoping to get back into photography this year. It is something that I will admit came natural to me. I was in a few magazines and won a few contests. I kind of fell out of it but do miss it.

I reload here and there, and I mess with small rc planes on occasion.

All types of hunting with bow/black power/modern gun. Woodworking, mostly making 1 of a kind custom items from puzzle boxes to entertainment centers, RC airplanes and helicopters (I flew fixed wing from 1976 to 2002 and then got into helo's in 2008. I'm not looking to do anything fancy with the helo's but I have learned to do a flip and a roll. All of my RC stuff was stolen in 02 while it was in temp storage during a move, but I have two 450 size helo's now so I'm slowly getting back into it. I don't really consider it a hobby, but I've been riding motorcycles for over 45 years now and this one will probably be my last.

My current ride is a 1981 KZ 1000 that I purchased new in spring of 81. So I get to run antique tags now which are permanent and they have no yearly renewal fee. :mrgreen:

Here is the first test of a little hat mounted video cam I got to video my RC heli adventures.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EibMqlzmNC8

Metal detecting on land and in the water, R/C planes which I really need to liquidate as I haven’t flown in years, working on private pilot license with CFI’s to follow.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=335475#p335475 said:
S&MFISH » 28 Nov 2013, 13:49[/url]"]
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=335473#p335473 said:
Canoeman » 10 minutes ago[/url]"]I Disc Golf a lot in my free time

I have not played Disc golf since the '80s. We used to play every week. But got away from it when I moved from the area.Should give it a try again. The only problem is I would be doing it by myself,since two of our usual foursome are deceased and one has moved out of state.

Things have changed a bit in the last 30 years since you have played i bet ;)

Most of the guys who throw are good guys, you would be able to get into a league or group or meet up with some people on the course. Half the guys i throw with ive met on the course..

The discs aren't "Frisbee's" anymore and there are courses every where..

You should get out and play, the majority of the courses are free and there are tons all over the USA/World.

Here is a link to DGCR website with tons of courses in your area

Spross park looks to be a fun/free 9 hole that would be good for getting back into the game!

Go get some discs and throw man, if you need any help on what discs to start with feel free to p.m. me ;)

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=336381#p336381 said:
Canoeman » 12 Dec 2013, 07:16[/url]"]
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=335475#p335475 said:
S&MFISH » 28 Nov 2013, 13:49[/url]"]
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=335473#p335473 said:
Canoeman » 10 minutes ago[/url]"]I Disc Golf a lot in my free time

I have not played Disc golf since the '80s. We used to play every week. But got away from it when I moved from the area.Should give it a try again. The only problem is I would be doing it by myself,since two of our usual foursome are deceased and one has moved out of state.

Things have changed a bit in the last 30 years since you have played i bet ;)

Most of the guys who throw are good guys, you would be able to get into a league or group or meet up with some people on the course. Half the guys i throw with ive met on the course..

The discs aren't "Frisbee's" anymore and there are courses every where..

You should get out and play, the majority of the courses are free and there are tons all over the USA/World.

Here is a link to DGCR website with tons of courses in your area

Spross park looks to be a fun/free 9 hole that would be good for getting back into the game!

Go get some discs and throw man, if you need any help on what discs to start with feel free to p.m. me ;)

Thanks for the link. We played at White Birch Park in Hazelwood, when it was the ONLY course in the St.Louis area. I had no idea that there are that many in my area.

Bow hunting takes up most of my fall. Then I pretty much fish the rest of the year. Fresh, salt, bow, fly, you name it. A few bowhunts in between. And more fishing. I'll probably start wading the salt for the big trout in January. Like to work on my boat when I can.

Other hobby....

Playing guitar, piano, bass. Sing and play at two churches every weekend. Usually get about an hour or more play time a day...unless I'm fishing.

Thus my nick..."fender"....

Duck and goose hunting takes up most of my winter. I'm trying to get back into Autocross and building some small block Chevy race motors.

My old truck. 425hp and a rediculous amount of suspension work to get it to turn like it was on rails. Would eat corvettes in a straight line or in the twisties.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387771724616.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387771724616.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 162
Else than fishing... I got into shooting bow a few months ago, and that's been able to entertain me for some of winter. I also make most of my lures in the winter time; pour plastics, build jigs and spinnerbaits. But my other major hobby is running. It's kinda hard to balance running and fishing with me cause I find myself fishin all day and not having time to run. I'll be continuing my running in college this fall.

Small game hunting, hiking, camping, and now apparently 2 project cars an 88 5.0 Mustang and a 94 4runner that just blew the headgaskets. Preparing for the revolution lol j/k I enjoy learning new things especially survival/homesteading/hunting/fishing so I spend a lot of my time reading when I'm sick from chemo.

Latest posts