Hardwater Muskie

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wallijig

Reaction score
Got this guy today on short pole with 8lbs test threw ice.
Put up quite a fight.
Photo270.jpg

I bet that was a fun fight..

Bet it look like a monster coming through the hole.. hahaa

Awesome! Who had to reach through the hole and pull him out?

I have a a 36" fish measuring stick. He was way past that. I am guessing he was in the 42" to 43" range. I have not clue on what a muskie of that length weighs. I am guessing in the 20# range. I released him and hope our paths will cross again one day when he grows up. :D :D
What was real cool is our ice is real clear this yr. and I was in about 5' of water. I could see him, like looking threw glass, swimming around under me, when he was fighting. Good thing I have a 10" auger bit it was hard enough to get him turned up that hole. As for getting him out of hole I was by myself,until a guy about 200 yrds away seen me take him out of hole. He came running over to see it and take my picture before I released him.

That's a dandy! They're off limits once the ice hits on certain waterways over here, only problem is that great pike like to hang out in the same places that great muskie's do also.

Man I wish we had some ice...

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=234305#p234305 said:
wihil » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:18 pm[/url]"]That's a dandy! They're off limits once the ice hits on certain waterways over here, only problem is that great pike like to hang out in the same places that great muskie's do also.

Man I wish we had some ice...

WOW - you cannot fish for Muskie through the ice? I think that is a great rule!!!!

Those esox fish are "relatively" easy to catch through the ise and I bet you can put a hurtin on a bunched up population in a short time if you get on them

No season here on Muskie. Only rule we have here is keep one over 40" per day.

I never pursued them on ice pretty much only walleye and perch are my prey. Just caught this one looking for walleye..

Nice musky !! =D>

I did the same thing many years ago fishing for crappies just outside some semi submerged trees. It was quite the fight on 4 lb test.

Latest posts