Link for Boat Modifications! Please post yours!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got started last December during winter break. After lots of trial and error, finally getting the hang of it. Enough talk. Here is the link to photo bucket. Hope you enjoy and get some tips as I move along with this endeavor. Let me know, too, if there is a better way of doing what I'm doing.

https://s1317.photobucket.com/user/bagobo59/library/Project%20Tin%20Can%20Navy%20-%20Day%201?sort=2&page=1
Thank you.

Jules 8)

Got the boat last year and used it like it's set up now , it worked well but am going to modify it this year for fishing in the bay and crabbing . I am looking to make it a left side drive console in the front behind casting deck take the left rod box out and find out how many boxes I can add to the front casting deck as possible . My first step which will be tomorrow is to remove wood floors as see what the bottom looks like and clean all leaves that I no are underneath , this will also let me look at all the wiring that is in the boat and run new wires the way I think they should be done. Has anybody ever done this to same style boat with pictures ? I find this some times helps with brain storming ideas here a list of what's going to be done before March / April

1. Strip floors replace with pvc plywood and cover with rubber style carpet ( not really carpet but u seen this at bass pro same stuff )

2. Strip pant. .. not sure if spraying with paint stripper and wiping off will do because of aluminum or a drill with 30 sanding tool would be better ? ( though )

3. Take out rod box on left side to give more room for console and room in boat to dip crabs . ( Doesn't seem to have any reason for integrity of boat not sure )

Well leave there then I'll post to show progress any useful tips hints or knowledge in areas is appreciated

all projects updated in the first post! :beer:

If I missed one or want to add yours, post JUST the link here and I will get to it. Please do not post your projects or pictures in this link here. If you do it will not be added to the list. Please make some progress before adding your link here. We don't want readers clicking on uncompleted or not started projects.

1, STOP, PLEASE READ THE LINE ABOVE!

If your project is a work in progress and you have not done anything to it in awhile (money, Weather, no time) Please at least update your post so the readers know you have not fallen off the planet.

Also if you come along an old post with the pictures/links missing, send me a PM so I can either try to fix it or remove it. I don't want this resource to become stale.

Thanks Guys! :beer:

Hey everyone, new here and just picked up my first boat. Its a 1436 I believe. Needs some work but i couldnt pass it up for $140 bucks. It has 3 benches, I want to take out the middle bench, build a front deck from the little bow platform to the bench behind the bow. Floor it, paint it, and maybe some other things. Any input on the front deck build would be appreciated!

Been checking this site out for a couple weeks now but just joined yesterday when I bought this boat. I got in a bit of a hurry to get started on the boat , so I didn't take any pictures until I already had taken off most everything the p.o. had on it. The boat came with a very gently used 5 h.p coleman 4-stroke motor, a minn kota 40 lb thrust foot controlled trolling motor and a couple anchor mates.

Attachments

• 20140213_095938.jpg
    20140213_095938.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4,059
  • 20140213_095946.jpg
    20140213_095946.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,059
  • 20140213_100301.jpg
    20140213_100301.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4,059
I'm getting a ouachita 10 foot job boat. I need to know if I can run my 8 horse on it

Semi V - Jon Boat

1995 Grumman 1648 Jon

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=33448

all projects updated in the first post! :beer:

If I missed one or want to add yours, post JUST the link here and I will get to it. Please do not post your projects or pictures in this link here. If you do it will not be added to the list. Please make some progress before adding your link here. We don't want readers clicking on uncompleted or not started projects.

1, STOP, PLEASE READ THE LINE ABOVE!

If your project is a work in progress and you have not done anything to it in awhile (money, Weather, no time) Please at least update your post so the readers know you have not fallen off the planet.

Also if you come along an old post with the pictures/links missing, send me a PM so I can either try to fix it or remove it. I don't want this resource to become stale.

Thanks Guys! :beer:

Hi Guys,
Just the links to your projects here. All Other threads and posts will be deleted.

Boat questions go in the "boat house" forum and full Projects go in the "Jon and V boat Conversions and Modifications" forum.

Thanks!
Jim :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts