New Member 15' Bass Tracker Restoration

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmar

Reaction score
I am a newbee and just thought I would share my project with you. 1980's Bass tracker 3 15'.
Upgrades:
New Paint 2 coat Epoxy Primer + 2 Valspar +3 clear
New Floor
New Carpet
New Seats (got a sweet deal!)
Wanted a third pedestal
Cup Holders
New Trolling motor
Rod Storage.

Here are some BEFORE pics.
IMG_2313.jpg
IMG_2314.jpg
IMG_2315.jpg
IMG_2316.jpg
IMG_2317.jpg
IMG_2283.jpg
IMG_0106.png
IMG_2600.jpg

This is similar to the console I am going to build.

IMG_2716.JPG
IMG_2717.JPG

and this is why I am doing it!IMG_2071.JPGIMG_3055.jpg

More Pics. I made up a mock dash out of cardboard so that I could make adjustments before I put started cutting plywood. The dash is much smaller and really opened up the floor space. Also gave more room for the (new) middle pedestal. I still need to mount rod holders, oar, and transducer. I also need to work on a mount for my underwater fishing light (middle picture) somewhere around the transom, probably where its located in the picture because it takes up 4' of realestate. I have more pics just haven't uploaded them to the computer yet. Going to letter it shortly. Itching to go fishing!
IMG_9345.jpg
IMG_2511.jpg
IMG_7045.jpg

These are pics of making the dash... you can see the completed dash in the previous post.
IMG_1715.jpg
IMG_3414.jpg
IMG_0972.jpg
IMG_9278.jpg
IMG_0739.jpg

added cheap pipe insulation to cut down on the dock rash. $5 did the entire boat.
1.jpg
installed the oar locks (idea I reapplied from this site) and installed my rod holders in them.
IMG_9332.jpg
Had some lettering made up for the boat.
4.jpg
Finally got it on the lake.5.jpg

Believe it or not those seats were only $25 a piece at bass pro late February. They have no wood in them and all the stitching was nice not sure why they were so cheap.... Both Toledo and Cincinnati stores had tons of them. The carpet was from Menards, very nice but impossible to stretch it, I have used lowes stuff in the past and it stretches a little nicer. I had a blast with this project, very rewarding, I am looking for another...

Latest posts