DrNip's Weld-Craft 1248 - Hit 32.1 MPH!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=348976#p348976 said:
DrNip » 16 Apr 2014, 16:32[/url]"]Actually I've never been in a tin boat. Only glass.

Just got word from the dealership on my motor. The wrong motor was delivered!!! WFT?!? They delivered a remote motor instead of tiller. Now they're talking Tuesday of next week.

sucks!! im ready to see more of your set up...

Supposedly the right motor coming in next week just came off the assembly line.

Still waiting on this ding dang motor. Two weeks has now turned into seven weeks. Every week it's suppose to be delivered but isn't with the exception of last week when supposedly a remote version of the tiller version I ordered was delivered. They have poor communication. I believe they have called only once and that is only after my wife started leaning on them. I took off of work one day two weeks ago when they stated it would be in and installed. $4600 cash given and I would think they would show a little concern, effort, communication and respect. Calling them tomorrow and telling them that the motor is to be delivered this week or refund my money.

Yep, I would be calling 25 times a day and then leaving about 15 messages after they closed...
They would probably ask to give my money back so I would go away; or they would have my BOAT MOTOR IN BY NOW! (screaming at them now you!) :mrgreen:

Definitely give them a bad review on their yelp, Google etc pages. Companies HATE that...

Well here is the full story week by week of what has happened. I emailed this to Evinrude today to see if they can help. MY wife told the dealership today to furnish proof of the motor purchase or refund us our money. Hopefully they do refund my money and they don't drag their feet. I will just drive to Arkansas and purchase a motor like I was originally going to do.

Hello. My name is Travis Cottrell. Recently I purchased an E25DTL from a local dealership (Fun Boat Store) here in Norman Oklahoma or at least I thought I did. My nightmare started 7 weeks ago when I gave them $4600 for this motor. I was told it would only take 2 weeks to get in. Well 2 weeks turned into 3 weeks and I hadn't heard anything so I gave the dealership a call. They stated that they had called the manufacturer, Evinrude, and that it was to be delivered midweek of the following week (Week 4). Friday of week 4 came and I hadn't heard anything from the dealership so I called. I was told that it hadn't come in and maybe next week (week 5). By this time my wife was getting frustrated and got involved. The dealership told her that the motor would be in Thursday (week 5) and that the motor would be installed Friday. I took off work that Friday in anticipation of the motor being installed. At 9:30 am we called the dealership and they stated they would call us back. Well after waiting and waiting for the dealership to call, we finally started to call. It wasn't until 3:30 pm they finally answered the phone and stated the motor hadn't been delivered. So the following Monday, week 6, we were told that they were going to figure out what was going on and that they would call us back Wednesday. The dealership finally called us back Wednesday and stated that the wrong motor had been delivered by the manufacturer the week prior. A remote motor was delivered instead of the tiller motor that I had ordered. We were told it was the manufacturer's error and that a new motor off the assembly was being shipped that Wednesday of week 6 and that it would be delivered Tuesday of week 7, 4/22/2014, came and we weren't called as promised. This is probably the 5th or 6th time the dealership has told us they would call us and don't. So my wife calls towards the end of the day and they stated that it hadn't shown up yet and that they would call us back. Well they didn't call us back as usual. 4/23/2014, today, came and my wife calls the dealership. She states that they need to furnish proof of the motor purchase by ends day or refund us our money. They tell us they will call us back. As usual again they didn’t call us back but instead we receive a phone call from a dealership in Jenks OK by the name of E & E Marine Sales stating that they were the dealership purchasing the motor through Evinrude and that they were selling it to Fun Boat Store. They just couldn't understand our frustration and stated that they showed the motor was shipped 7 days ago from the manufacturer to be delivered to Kansas or Missouri for pickup. They stated that they would have the boss call us back and didn't know about a refund or if it was possible.

So that’s my story. What I am needing is to know if any of this is adding up on Evinrudes end. Is there any way you can look into this, call the dealerships or anything??? There can’t be too many E25DTL being delivered to or around Oklahoma so I can’t imagine it being too hard to figure out. I really had my mind and heart set on an ETEC and these dealerships are tarnishing the Evinrude brand.

So pissed and there is nothing I can do at this time. Looks as though I will be having to fish the crappie spawn by bank!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

i would have already demanded a refund. no way i would have the waited this long. i was aggravated when it took over 4 hours to install my outboard but im just impatient. good luck and hope it works out for you.

Jami from Evinrude made contact with me this morning. They are now investigating the matter and will contact me back by days end.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=349973#p349973 said:
DrNip » 24 Apr 2014, 12:00[/url]"]Jami from Evinrude made contact with me this morning. They are now investigating the matter and will contact me back by days end.
Nice that they are treating you like they care. Hope they get you your motor asap.

Evinrude called me. They talked to me for about 30 minutes about my dilemma. They are contacting all boat stores involved to try to figure out what is really going on. He stated he will call me back as soon as he sorts through this mess. In the meantime, my wife received a phone call from a boat store in Missouri. I guess they own the boat store in Jenks. The owner stated the motor was ordered TODAY and be here next week!!!! WTF? Same old story I've heard for weeks now. Going to wait for Evinrude to call me back with what they find out.

I know. I have thought about that. Guess I'll be finding some other place to do the warranty work.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=349997#p349997 said:
DrNip » 24 Apr 2014, 15:21[/url]"]I know. I have thought about that. Guess I'll be finding some other place to do the warranty work.
I would find anywhere but there to do any future business!

Latest posts