1977 Fisher 15/38 project (updated 10/11/14)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
frenchythefisherman said:
What water ratio worked good for you? :)
Thanks guys. I ended up using a 50/50 mix. Just be sure you clean from bottom up or you'll get streaking. Clean small areas at a time, and when you mop or rub the mixture on, don't wait until it dries before you rinse it off.

Hey JMichael what's up with the build? I am following your build and you left me hanging on last seasons finale! Did the network cancel the series? :)

What can I say except that I've been slacking with the updates. :oops: I haven't done a lot with the boat once I got the floor installed on the front deck. I didn't get to fish nearly as much as I wanted to this past summer. Life happened and things came up that pulled me away from my project and fishing. Right now I'm struggling with what to do about my front deck hatch covers. I cut them out, but before I could get hinges attached to them, they started to cup/warp. While trying to decide about those covers, I made a cover for the forward storage area out of 1/8" aluminum. I just need to attach the hinge to that now.

I was hoping to be fishing already this year but more life happened. We got hit with some freezing rain 2 days in a row recently and cleanup is an ongoing process. I was in the process of grinding 2 stumps this weekend when the stump grinder I'm using broke a drive belt. #-o Hopefully I'll get back on track with the boat and make some good progress this spring.

I forgot to add that through some serious horse trading, I got my hands on a 8hp merc which was basically free. I then put some sweat equity and about $100 worth of parts into that motor and had it running great. I then traded the 8hp for an 86 model 25hp Mariner. After some wiring repairs and the basic carb kit/water pump replacement parts, it's now become my main motor. A buddy wanted my 20hp merc to go on his boat so I ended up selling that one to him.

Well the good news is... it's still freakin cold and crappy so you have time to make out this spring. I hope you get back to your decking one day as I'm working on some decking myself on the 1636 so I am checking out my references. Good luck to you!

Well, I didn't get to do much with the boat this spring and ended up spending most of the summer working up north. So I figured it was time to make some sort of update to my build thread. Although these pictures don't show the most recent progress, it does show more than I had before. The differences shown in this post is the wood on the front deck mostly. I know that's not a lot of progress but they need to be added to the thread sooner or later.

Good job mike hopefully we both can find some time and fundage for our boats and them dang fish !! ;-) keep up the good work
Matt

Latest posts