Hunting.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joseph101088

Reaction score
Just wondering who out there hunts? Its my second hobby next to being on the lake. Small game mostly easier to get the kids along. Nothing like a good day of squirell or rabbit hunting with familiy/freinds.

if it is legal I hunt it - will be retiring in about 15 months and plan on doing my bucket list - goat, bear, elk, and moose - my favorite is gator in the south florida STA s

being born and raised in south west PA white tail deer is up there too - will not kill one now unless it is running (rifle season) or arrow it with my PSE (not running LOL)

gotta love it to kill it :beer: :beer: :beer:

and yes I love small game too nothing like hunt with are labs

Same here, hunted almost everything at one time, but now I'm down to just deer and turkey. I'm going to give coyote hunting a try; got one already-in the back yard, and saw another one standing there about a week later.

[url=https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?p=366731#p366731 said:
fool4fish1226 » Today, 05:11[/url]"]if it is legal I hunt it - will be retiring in about 15 months and plan on doing my bucket list - goat, bear, elk, and moose - my favorite is gator in the south florida STA s

being born and raised in south west PA white tail deer is up there too - will not kill one now unless it is running (rifle season) or arrow it with my PSE (not running LOL)

I'm eligible to retire the last of this year but not sure when I'll actually take that step. I won't hunt something unless I plan to eat it or it's a nuisance animal, but I'm ready to try most wild game so there's not much that's not on the menu. :lol: I curious about your running deer statement though. Did you mean you won't shoot at a deer unless it's running? If so, that seems a bit reckless. Acquiring a good sight picture of a running animal means you can't concentrate on making sure you have a clear background before you squeeze the trigger. It also increases the chances that you could just cripple the animal. But that my take on hunting and to each his own.

As a city kid, all my young life I had dreamed of being an "outdoorsman," basically inspired by books of outdoorsmen and very old copies of FIELD AND STREAM, OUTDOOR LIFE, and other magazines at the barber shop. My Dad was ill most of my childhood, so...I kind of invented the interests I wanted to have.

Fast Forward to these days, and my centered interest is pheasant hunting, with a dog. I used to hunt wild birds, but due to a variety of circumstances, there are few places where they can still thrive. I have exclusive rights to some properties, but give my annual "thank-you" gifts to the owners and then tell them I don't think there's enough wild birds to have yet another predator after them.

The State properties have pheasants dropped on them throughout much of the hunting season, at random intervals, and up to around the time deer season starts, so my dog(s) and I enjoy that.

I've got a Field-bred English Springer Spaniel--which I got from a rescue operation--and have had German Wirehaired Pointers for the 25 years prior to Mick. Vastly different dogs, but suitable once I adjusted. I still get chills watching a pointing dog lock on a bird and hold it as if even a deep breath would spook it. A writer named Charles Fergus once said, "Fall is the island towards which hunters swim all year." Mr. Fergus knew his stuff.

I hunt deer for meat, and this year that will be even more important, with ground beef up to $4.00/lb.

Boats came much later into my life.

[url=https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?p=366761#p366761 said:
RiverBottomOutdoors » Today, 12:12[/url]"]I pretty much hunt anything that is legal in Virginia with the exception of ducks and upland bird hunting. My love is bowhunting deer and Spring Gobblers.

Im assuming yote is one of them. Not many over here in Hampton roads but I am going to try out by Amelia whenever I can get home from this deployment

[url=https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?p=366757#p366757 said:
JMichael » Yesterday, 11:36[/url]"]
fool4fish1226 » Today, 05:11[/url]"]if it is legal I hunt it - will be retiring in about 15 months and plan on doing my bucket list - goat, bear, elk, and moose - my favorite is gator in the south florida STA s

I'm eligible to retire the last of this year but not sure when I'll actually take that step. I won't hunt something unless I plan to eat it or it's a nuisance animal, but I'm ready to try most wild game so there's not much that's not on the menu. :lol: I curious about your running deer statement though. Did you mean you won't shoot at a deer unless it's running? If so, that seems a bit reckless. Acquiring a good sight picture of a running animal means you can't concentrate on making sure you have a clear background before you
squeeze the trigger. It also increases the chances that you could just cripple the animal. But that my take on hunting and to each his own.

J - sorry - just my play on words - when hunting deer during rifle season I do not stand still - love walking and stalking (Running) my Dad always told me that I walk to fast - said to slow down and stop running - I should have said unless I am running not it :LOL2: and I am also like you I will not kill something/anything unless it will be eaten or used in someway

I love pig hunting at night . I use a Gen 3 Raptor 646 scope on a 44 mag rifle . No need for a long distance rifle when they don't know you're there and can basically walk within 40 yards if not closer. No closed season and no limits . It's also some of the best meat in the field .

[url=https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?p=366844#p366844 said:
fool4fish1226 » Yesterday, 09:13[/url]"]
[url=https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?p=366757#p366757 said:
JMichael » Yesterday, 11:36[/url]"]

I'm eligible to retire the last of this year but not sure when I'll actually take that step. I won't hunt something unless I plan to eat it or it's a nuisance animal, but I'm ready to try most wild game so there's not much that's not on the menu. :lol: I curious about your running deer statement though. Did you mean you won't shoot at a deer unless it's running? If so, that seems a bit reckless. Acquiring a good sight picture of a running animal means you can't concentrate on making sure you have a clear background before you
squeeze the trigger. It also increases the chances that you could just cripple the animal. But that my take on hunting and to each his own.

J - sorry - just my play on words - when hunting deer during rifle season I do not stand still - love walking and stalking (Running) my Dad always told me that I walk to fast - said to slow down and stop running - I should have said unless I am running not it :LOL2: and I am also like you I will not kill something/anything unless it will be eaten or used in someway

Down here in va they run deer with dogs. not my favorite thing to do but to each his own.

Hunting frogs o yellow river in fl! There may have been some drinking involved...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1411612878540.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411612878540.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 6,976
I hunt white tail. I'm a bow hunter before anything. PSE matched with rage broadheads means devastation for any deer in my range! Cant eat the antlers! Hopefully gonna have me a bear rug this year if the ones on my trail cam are still there by the 17th!

My first Sunday kill. Virginia made the leap forward into the 21st century by finally legalizing hunting on Sunday in 2014. Not a monster, but given the property that I have access to and the fact that I only bowhunt and we are a dog hunting state, I can't let 3 1/2 year olds like this walk. I'm pleased with him but I hope one day that I will have the opportunity to let deer like this grow another year or two.

buck.jpg

I can't believe you guys kill things for food, murderous butchers!!!

Why don't you just get your meat from the store, where it's made?

:LOL2: j/k

Latest posts