Alumacraft 1236 Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a great idea for anyone with a Jon boat. It's an Atwood cockpit caddy, I used the same double sided tape and stuck it to my transom corner Braces, it covers up the corner and gives you a great place to store tools.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 904
Added a Smiths tournament rod rack. I screwed 1" strips of wood to the back, then applied 20 pound double sided sticky tape and applied it to the sidewall of the boat. It works awesome, rock solid.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 883
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 883
I have a question for you guys, found an older minkota turbo pro 42 pound thrust trolling motor on eBay, it is a power drive model. Has anyone had experience with these motors or older power drives in general? Thanks

I noticed not many replies so I created an account to let you know that you're doing a great job. I recently purchased a 14ft Alumacraft MV model.

The owner before already added in many great accessories including the flooring etc... I am now on the forums trying to figure out other ideas that I could use.

What carpet is that in the back of the boat you are using? I was contemplating coating that area because of the scratches that occur in that area.

I also like your trolling motor mount. I am in the process of making a decision about creating / fabricating a mounting bracket for a bow mounted trolling motor. Right now there is a transom mounted Minn Kota 50lb that is too hard to navigate with in the back. It is being moved up weather it be with a mount similar to what you went with or I get a bow mounted style.

Thanks for the reply! Was wondering if anyone was following. The material in the back is a all rubber carpet sort of mat. Works great for preventing scratches!!

boat is looking great. what did you end up using for your starter wires? i remember my first boat... 1432 polarcraft... after 3 years it was way to crowded with just me in it lol.

Picked up a new toy today. Minkota turbo pro 42 pound thrust trolling motor. It's a powers drive model. Almost perfect condition. Bolted it through my existing platform with stainless hardware. I wanted a power drive over a cable drive because the footpedal like is smaller, the entire package takes up less space, and I have enough foot pedal cable to run the pedal on top of a bench seat where I fish a lot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 836
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 836
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 836
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 836
You SURE you're only 16 years old? You have some expert advisers?

Jeez, Max. You are doing intelligent, craftsman-type work.

Be proud of yourself, you have done very well.

=D>

Thank you! I just got my front floor installed and it works awesome! Tried out my trolling motor today and it worked amazing, best thing I have bought for the boat besides the guide posts. I will post a picture as soon as I can showing the floor!

Just had my prop break on my trolling motor, replaced it with a new weedless wedge prop from minkota, the material seems a lot more durable than the old clear resin like material in the old prop.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 869
Plastic dipped my cockpit caddy and bolted it through the transom corner brace, its alot more sturdy than sticky tape!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 869
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 869
wow looking good. I just picked up the exact same boat, a 2008 model. Anyway I like what you've done with yours.

Any chance you could explain how you attached the bow platform? I am going to make something like that soon for mine and I'm curious how your did it. It looks great.

**** Max. You got this stuff downb! Im the only 18 year old that works on boats in my town and you are really showing me up. Good work brotha.

The bow platform is simply bolted up through the gunnel at an angle and sealed with marine sealant.

Got my new boat cover, had to add poles to the underside to make sure no water pooled. Found these cool clips at fleet farm which work great. This allowed me to add more bungee cords to make the cover tighter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 801
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 801

Latest posts