Special Request, Location in profile?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I don't ask for anything here, just a little participation here and there. :lol:

I do have one small request. Can you please add your location in your profile? At a minimum the State, town or county in addition would be huge. This is not mandatory, but it is cool to get an idea where you folks are from.

And for those paranoid about people finding you? Cant happen! Trust me, IT security is my field. :LOL2:

I started adding this the other day to the new guys posts. . . .
maybe everyone could make a sticky on their computer and
copy n paste in their response and modify it to suit the situation.

:WELCOME: to Tin Boats.
Please complete your profile when you have time.
Knowing what part of the country you hail from helps us
to give you more accurate information.
Maybe we all need to be a bit more proactive in the organization.
Like KeyStone said - - - Sure does help with "where do I" questions...

bcbouy said:
bobberboy said:
Jim,
Wasn't there a map link at some point where members could also add their location to a US map?
some of us don't live in the us.

Now that you mention it some of us don't live in North America. If I recall I've seen entries from Australia and maybe GB. All the more reason to add your location so we know who we're talking to.

bobberboy said:
Jim,
Wasn't there a map link at some point where members could also add their location to a US map?

Yes there was, but we could not control it as it was "public" and sure enough spammers started adding locations and unacceptable stuff to it so I squashed it.

I am from south eastern Australia and always find it interesting to know where others come from. You don't have to be really specific or exact. Using Google we are now able to look really closely at the seas, lakes and river that others fish. I have exchanged addresses with mates on an archery website from all over the world which allows us to see where each other live. Quite fascinating.
And of course if any of you ever travel to Australia you have a contact to give you advice.

I think mine is already there, but if not, can you guide me to the right spot if I'm using my phone and Tapatalk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts