Where I come from - performance motorcycle riding background

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-CN-

Reaction score
Just wanted to show you where all my spare funds used to go before getting a boat.
I am active on sportbike and track day forums where I've learned that pictures are always good to share. 8)

There's a midwest-based motorcycle track day organization called Motovid.com that I work for coaching on-track and classroom instruction, and as a control rider for open track day events.
Currently I just take my street bike to the track since I've sold my race bike.

I am in the process of building my Harbor Freight boat trailer which I will share on here, but here is a Harbor Freight utility trailer that I converted into a motorcycle carrier.
I can get 30mpg with this rig! That's extra important to me since I regularly travel 150+ miles one-way to go to events.

20150728_191515_zpssvir4pkg.jpg

A closer look at the trailer:

20150726_192929_zpsfiwivdru.jpg

My old (first) Harbor Freight trailer after some upgrades:

20150719_171411_zpspleednxr.jpg

A previously owned race bike that I built out of a cheaply acquired totaled street bike:

100_3396_zpsfb616451.jpg

Me riding above bike during a track day:

IMG_0597_zps4114b383.jpg

4 or 5 years ago:

377275_2227335647166_1361055535_31890417_167971897_n1_zps12416d7d.jpg

I have hundreds or thousands more pictures from events if anybody is interested. Been riding motorcycles for 15 years, and 8 years at the track.

I sold the race bike pictured above to buy my boat with reserves for the endless money I will certainly spend on it. :LOL2:

Welcome to Tinboats. I've been riding motorcycles pretty much non stop since I was 14 (will be 63 this year) but I have never ridden competitively. I use to love to hit the woods and fields on an enduro when I was younger and you didn't see "Posted" signs every 50 yards, but now days I just enjoy cruising the back roads. I bought this one new in 81 and still riding it.

Welcome CN!!
I'm sure I've heard you a few times, since I live only a few miles from Blackhawk Farms. :D I even signed up for a track day there a few years ago, but work got in the way.. Then I sold the bike that I'd have ridden and, well, I just never felt like a dual sport on 70/30 tires was the proper thing to be pushing around a track.. I thought about signing up and wandering over for a day on my Speed Triple, but I'd be really upset with myself if I screwed it up.

Anyway, again welcome.. =D>

My current fleet:
1%20The%20Arches%20MN.jpg

1%20Newark%20WI.jpg

1%20Harrison%20IL.jpg

IMG_3392.jpg

photo11-1.jpg

lightsall.jpg

paper said:
Welcome CN!!
I'm sure I've heard you a few times, since I live only a few miles from Blackhawk Farms. :D I even signed up for a track day there a few years ago, but work got in the way.. Then I sold the bike that I'd have ridden and, well, I just never felt like a dual sport on 70/30 tires was the proper thing to be pushing around a track.. I thought about signing up and wandering over for a day on my Speed Triple, but I'd be really upset with myself if I screwed it up.

Anyway, again welcome.. =D>

My current fleet:
Your Xmoto looks very sufficient for a track day.
Or bring your Speed Triple. Mine is stock with sport touring tires on it! I ride it just fine in any group.
Turns out I'm only a few miles from your house a few times a week in the summer then!

I've ridden Shannonville up in Ontario, but that's been it..
The desire for a track day hasn't been around for a few years, and the xMoto was just picked up last fall.. The S3 was picked up this spring over at Baxter's in Iowa..

And as a turnabout of fair play, I was in Cazenovia on Saturday. :D I did the Rockton to Rockton to Rockton wander..

These days I typically wander at 10 or so over on my favorite county and local roads in SW Wisconsin and along the river in IA/IL/MN. I'm one of those who seldom slows for corners, other than an occasional downshift but I just don't have the desire for competition that comes with a track day. Playing hard on corners on public roads comes with the risks, but I keep myself entertained but upright.

So, nobody running Helix's at track days anymore?? :lol:

Actually there's a new Street Skills instructional clinic put on by Motovid at Blackhawk Farms where scooters are welcome!

I'd take the Helix out to BHF but I'd end up ruining the track for everyone else with the tremendous power at the rear wheel.. I'm afraid for the pavement.. :lol:

On the other hand I did get to mix two favorite pastimes last night, using the 30 year old BMW to catch a nice Brook trout.. (No, I wasn't trolling with the bike :wink: )

IMG_3667.jpg

IMG_3665.jpg

Cool to see all the great bike pics!

I still race off road motorcycles, as an amateur. I'm nearly 40 yeads old, and the the body hurts, so I no longer race an entire series. I just cherry pick the easy races. I still love riding, and always will!

Attachments

• IMG_20161101_212924.jpg
    IMG_20161101_212924.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 4,027
  • FB_IMG_1483911382580.jpg
    FB_IMG_1483911382580.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 4,027
DaisyCutter said:
Cool to see all the great bike pics!

I still race off road motorcycles, as an amateur. I'm nearly 40 yeads old, and the the body hurts, so I no longer race an entire series. I just cherry pick the easy races. I still love riding, and always will!
I've given that a try as well on a backyard track. I think motocross is a lot harder than street bikes.

Latest posts