New 2017 25hp 4 stroke efi yamaha

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sucks man, cabelas should of given you some money back. Just imagine if you had invested that 10 grand or so for 7 months haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok,at this point imo I would tell them to screw off and get your money back and get another boat similar with a different engine. I know you want the Yamaha but I would just get a suzuki or even a new etec or even the new tohatsu with the new gear ratio looks very promising. If you have that option I would run away as far as you can from that cabela's if again you have that option. Imo they are just not putting enough effort into getting this deal done for you . They seem to be just nonchalant about the whole situation and that would piss me off to the point of threatening with a lawyer if they won't give you your money back. They told you a date and another,then another,etc....and none have come through which is a void contract in my eyes. I know some may say you waited this long what is another month or 3 but at this point it may be much longer than they are telling you. It doesn't take that long to get stuff from yamaha if it was an urgent order. I'm sorry but I would demand my money back today if I were you or you can just wait it out and hope for the best. 6 months is insanely rediculous imo and still no resolution yet.

I got the run around from the Cabela's store manager and a boat sales guy. My specific salesman, Davis Hart, was 'busy'. I told them to have Davis call me. Today I'maling the ultimatum, boat or refund.

I deliberately acted in December to ensure I had a boat this summer. Summer is half over now, and I have no boat.

They never initiate contact, and when I do I get told to wait.

This is so poorly done by Cabelas that it is insane. Are they on the ropes? I wonder if the BPS deal is falling through.

Whatever direction you decide to go, I hope it works out for you without too much more delay.

DaisyCutter said:
I got the run around from the Cabela's store manager and a boat sales guy. My specific salesman, Davis Hart, was 'busy'. I told them to have Davis call me. Today I'maling the ultimatum, boat or refund.

I deliberately acted in December to ensure I had a boat this summer. Summer is half over now, and I have no boat.

They never initiate contact, and when I do I get told to wait.

I don't blame you one bit.You have had more patience then i would of had.I would of went down their to raise hell to give me my boat or give me a refund check on the spot.

I was told July now. According to Cabelas, Yamaha grossly underestimated demand for the tiller option on the 25, and this is a national issue.

I'm trying to decide between picking up the boat and trolling motor, without the outboard, or just get a refund and a whole different boat. I could almost wait for a 2018 now.

Get the boat and get the suzuki,trust me you won't be disappointed with the 3 cylinder suzuki,it's only 10 lbs more and you can oder one for $3200 on cumberlandwatersports.com unless you want electric start and ptt. I guess also you waited this long and July is around the corner. You waited this long,I know you really want that Yamaha. It looks like a sweet outboard for sure. YouTube has a bunch of videos on it now and it seems like a winner.

I took the trout slayer home today. It is 6 months EXACTLY from the day I ordered it on December 23rd. There is still no Yamaha 25 on the transom, just the Traxxis 55# electric Minn Kota. I started bolting on seats today.

Hopefully the tiller controls will be here soon...

Hey, cool deal, I can stand up underneath the bimini without hunching, and I'm 6'1" tall. I'm loving it.

I'm also hoping the Yamaha 25 will be worth the wait. BTW, I looked at the itemized receipt, I paid $4600 plus tax for the Yamaha 25, 20" shaft, tiller with elec start and power tilt/trim and VTS. That is including the $500 PITA discount.

Attachments

• IMG_20170623_170130.jpg
    IMG_20170623_170130.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,568
  • IMG_20170623_182302872.jpg
    IMG_20170623_182302872.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,568
Not sure how big a body of water you fish but I bet 80% of my time on the water Im using the electric. Might suck for a bit longer without an outboard to get you to spots. To bad you don't own or know someone that has even a 6/9.9hp to loan/rent for a bit.

Pick a lake and time and I'll bring my long shaft 6 hp. 4 ate O two 992795.

2w4fmf8.jpg

I bought two nice 2 hp Johnson's in Prescott yesterday off Craigslist for the price of one. Real nice guy that also loves tin boats. He had the cleanest merc 4.5 I've ever seen. I hate mercs with a passion but this was one of the solid simple ones. I told him upfront I don't need a long shaft but it was so clean that I asked for a "tour". It's nice. My offer stands that you can use the Yamaha but you may want a 9.9 or less to fish all of the restricted lakes in AZ. If so this clean old merc is worth the drive up the hill. I would have bought it if it was a shorty. I'll be at lake pleasant tomorrow in the heat if you want me to throw the 6 hp in the truck if not hit me up anytime and you can use it. I'd just prefer you not take it home. Its like new and so is this https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/bpo/6188618754.html

DaisyCutter said:
I took the trout slayer home today. It is 6 months EXACTLY from the day I ordered it on December 23rd. There is still no Yamaha 25 on the transom, just the Traxxis 55# electric Minn Kota. I started bolting on seats today.

Hey, cool deal, I can stand up underneath the bimini without hunching, and I'm 6'1" tall. I'm loving it.

I'm also hoping the Yamaha 25 will be worth the wait. BTW, I looked at the itemized receipt, I paid $4600 plus tax for the Yamaha 25, 20" shaft, tiller with elec start and power tilt/trim and VTS. That is including the $500 PITA discount.

Wow,that is extremely pricey considering a brand new 25hp suzuki with exactly the same features except the trolling feature would be less than $4k delivered to your door. So with tax you paid near $5k. That imo is way to expensive but if that is what you want and you plan on keeping it for many yrs you could call it an investment.

scoobeb said:
DaisyCutter said:

Wow,that is extremely pricey considering a brand new 25hp suzuki with exactly the same features except the trolling feature would be less than $4k delivered to your door. So with tax you paid near $5k. That imo is way to expensive but if that is what you want and you plan on keeping it for many yrs you could call it an investment.

Suzuki is not comparable to Yamaha lol. You will pay much more for a Yamaha because it is a far better motor.

Sometimes only the best will do so you drop the coin. He will never second guess having the sweetest tin with the best motor. That's a good feeling and will personally say that will be the boat on this site I wish I had. Sometimes the best is just the best bargain. I bought 3 motors on Friday for $265. Sold the 2 hp Evinrude with a broken prop yesterday for $175 and this morning got $300 for a 1969 Evinrude 4. The third motor is a keeper. 1980 Johnson 2hp. Always wanted one and this one is a peach! It will be my backup for remote places in the winter and I plan on using a trawler one day so it will power the dingy. Free motor plus $185 after gas and lunch for profit. Now that is a nice motor! In reality it's a tiny 2hp 25 pound thingy that I hope I never need. The effort vs profit is chump change but it's still sweet to get a deal once in a while. So what's better, having the best or getting the best deal? Idk

Florida_Native said:
scoobeb said:
DaisyCutter said:

Suzuki is not comparable to Yamaha lol. You will pay much more for a Yamaha because it is a far better motor.

Agreed, having run the old Yamaha (181 lbs) vs the new suzuki. I wasn't that impressed with the suzuki. They ran within a half mph of each other on the exact same hull. Only thing I liked more about it was that it's 3 cylinder and a tiny bit smoother, but I really had greater expectations.

Part of the "high" price of the motor is that it's a tiller with power tilt. Typically Yamaha has not sold a dedicated tiller steer with PT&T, so the dealer has to order it as a remote motor and then install a separate tiller kit, which is something like $700 or so on top of the cost of the motor itself. I don't know on the new ones, I assume it's the same, but it was definitely that way with the older ones. I've done a ton of them, those and the F40 jet's.

Everyone has their opinions and I respect yours but I disagree and I love yamaha to but suzuki has much better technology on their portable outboards then any other brand,they came out with the first efi 20hp and all the others are way behind and all outboard manufacturers as in etec,merc,tohatsu, yamaha,honda, and suzuki are all good and built to last. They are all equal. All the engine parts comes from the same place ,Japan so there is really no good or bad brand of outboard,it comes down to features,price and brand loyalty. Yamaha is so over priced and not because it's better,it's because they know people will still pay because of brand loyalty so they can make any price they want and people will pay. My 25hp merc I had smoked any 25hp yamaha in speed but I still like the Yamaha design better on their 2 strokes. Yamaha finally came out with this new 25hp because who wants to buy a 180 lb 25hp,that was just insane so it had to be redesigned because of weight and lack of efi. I would buy the Yamaha 25hp efi tiller manual start just because of price and that is the only reason,the suzuki and yamaha are equally as good imo. I can get a new 25hp yamaha for $3100,I don't need all the fancy stuff just the basics.

Latest posts