Alumacraft MV1448 Seadoo IB jet, Still jetting

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't feel bad, Ranchero....it's been 2 months since I've been on the water with my jet boat. I know, right? :? One day, I gotta get to the river and test it out now with the Line-X on the bottom and with the new impeller and wear ring.

Ranchero50 said:
Welp, this is officially ridiculous... I still haven't splashed my boat yet this year. I'm ready to and want oo but mother nature is pouring on us. Heck, my garden even drowned.

Just venting.

That sucks!! Was just getting ready to PM you to see if you've been out and how you've done. We got out Friday evening before all the rain over the weekend. Did OK. The river is a mess right now!!! Hoping it gets down to manageable levels by Thursday so we can get out again.

BigTerp said:
Ranchero50 said:
Welp, this is officially ridiculous... I still haven't splashed my boat yet this year. I'm ready to and want oo but mother nature is pouring on us. Heck, my garden even drowned.

Just venting.

That sucks!! Was just getting ready to PM you to see if you've been out and how you've done. We got out Friday evening before all the rain over the weekend. Did OK. The river is a mess right now!!! Hoping it gets down to manageable levels by Thursday so we can get out again.

with this rain, we SHOULD have water until late july to run pretty much anywhere.

JoshKeller said:
with this rain, we SHOULD have water until late july to run pretty much anywhere.

That would be nice. I can't complain with the water levels. Last year it got pretty low and I managed to punch a hole and destroy my foot. Don't want to repeat that again this year!!

We finally made it out tonight. Engine fired off with enough smoke to stir the neighbors out of their stupors but it cleared up. Put 2 gallons of high test in it and hit the water. Plugs weren't too happy with the extra oil so we took it easy going up river. Felt good to finally wet a line and we put three hours on the water and got a really up close and personal fireworks display that at first sounded like gunfire. The run back down was fine, smooth and back to normal.

Good times.

So,so disappointing. Looks like I'll have to do something about the build pictures since photobucket is no longer allowing 3rd party image hosting. In the meantime if you right click on the clocked image and copy the image location you can open a new tab, paste the link and see the picture. Again, disappointing.

Nice to hear from you Ranchero.

We hit a snag yesterday, literally.

It dented the spoon & worse yet tore a thumb sized hole in the jet ski glass. Fortunately the hole was up & behind the spoon's trailing edge, so as long as we kept going, we didn't take on water. This was a hunch on the fly - was good decision not to stop & check it out!

This craft is definitely a hobby!

Ranchero50 said:
So,so disappointing. Looks like I'll have to do something about the build pictures since photobucket is no longer allowing 3rd party image hosting. Again, disappointing.

I think we need to hit 'em with a class action suit.....

Nah, small fish, big river. I'm hoping the uproar will have them dialing back the decision.

I feel bad because I haven't even had the boat out yet this year. It's available, I'm available but I need a day to commission it. Too many damned projects, too little time.

So, this happened. The boat sat in the shed all last year. Not going to happen this year. Really haven't done anything with it so it should be interesting starting it with 2 year old stuff in the tanks.

I put a charged battery in it last week, couple squirts of starting fluid and it fired right off. Man, it made a FOG of 2 stroke smoke for a couple minutes but seemed to clear up well. Both cylinders warms up and it fired off again easily. All this on 2 year old gas.

By golly, we got it WET this past Friday. Oldest son was working so #2 son was 'forced' to come along and good times were had. Engine sputtered and stuttered up river at 5k but after floating for an hour with fresh fuel in the bowls it came to life with a relish. Missed the old girl and the quiet times on the river. About tossed the youngest to the fish during some high G maneuvering before putting it away.

Saturday and Sunday I spent some time installing a fold away hitch kit from Fulton so I can tuck the boat in my shed from the alley where it'll be easier to dig out. I'll post some pictures once it's daylight.

Good times.

Glad you got back on the water.

Everyone I have taken out has said the ride was a blast.

We go up river where other boats can't get to. Lots of wildlife & cool scenery.

Hey Jamie , I'm glad to here you still have the jet , It's been awhile since I was on the site , I actually sold my tin boat and bought a glass boat, now I'm regretting getting rid of the tin boat looking to purchase another and start over again, Do you happen to know how much your boat , motor, and trailer weigh's in at ?

Latest posts