Where's the bucks?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a wicked looking broadhead, I'm not familiar with them and don't recall them being mentioned on archery forums.
Now we need a pic. of how well they performed on your buck!

I'm taking off early and going to my bow stand this afternoon. I've been seeing these guys on my cameras but only early mornings and evenings. It's that time of year where they should be coming out during the day.

I think these three are the same deer. Last two for sure.

enhance

enhance

enhance

And here's a different buck, first approaching and then walking under my stand two minutes later.

enhance

enhance

I'm not even a trophy hunter but it is nice to see that there's decent bucks and I think I'm gonna hold out for one of these two this year or something bigger.

Yesterday evening I had 3 different bucks within 40 yds, but they were off to my right and I'm a right handed shooter, plus there's two big limbs on the tree there that hide me well from that side but limits my shot. The first one wasn't a shooter, and the last one came when it was too dark to shoot anyway. But the second one, the one that came right before dark, was the biggest buck I've ever seen while hunting. It was none of the bucks in the trail cam pictures above. Had a wide rack that came straight out from his head and then the antlers went straight up. A box rack, 8-10 pointer. I grunted at him twice and got him to stop both times but with no room to draw my bow. He never came in and just kept walking by. Then I watched a doe come to almost the same spot and in the dark saw a buck approach and he chased her around the field after dark for about 20 minutes. I didn't climb down until an hour after dark because I knew there were deer there and didn't want to spoil my stand.
I'm not real disappointed. It's my first time bow hunting and I learned a lot about being in that situation with deer around. Plus now I know between my cameras and the one I saw last night that there's at least 4 very decent bucks roaming that area. I'll get many more opportunities to get one.

You didn't get that buck yet Jim? :shock: :p
Never mind, they're all getting killed on the highways here in PA, going fishing there were 5 dead buck laying along the road in about a 10mi stretch and another one got hit near my house, two that got hit were within about 30 yards of each other.
Hunt near an interstate highway, seems like that's where they all are----er were! :lol:

overboard said:
You didn't get that buck yet Jim? :shock: :p
Never mind, they're all getting killed on the highways here in PA, going fishing there were 5 dead buck laying along the road in about a 10mi stretch and another one got hit near my house, two that got hit were within about 30 yards of each other.
Hunt near an interstate highway, seems like that's where they all are----er were! :lol:

Im feeling another year of Tag soup coming. :(

-CN- said:
...the second one, the one that came right before dark, was the biggest buck I've ever seen while hunting. It was none of the bucks in the trail cam pictures above. Had a wide rack that came straight out from his head and then the antlers went straight up. A box rack, 8-10 pointer. I grunted at him twice and got him to stop both times but with no room to draw my bow. He never came in and just kept walking by.
I was there again yesterday morning (Sunday) and no deer came. But I checked my cameras which I haven't checked since last weekend.
Lo and behold, the buck from Thursday night was photographed the morning prior. I'm pretty sure this is the one that didn't present me with a shot on Thursday.
enhance

I took a opportunity to do some parking lot scouting where I am hunting in 11 days. Only reason I stayed in parking lot and looked is because the bowhunters have the area right now and I didn't want to ruin anyones hunt. I am hunting with either my blackpowder or my 12 ga pump depending on the final rain forecast. Seen a few does in the corn remnants near the edge of the field, and they were looking behind into the wood area. Maybe a buck sniffing around.

The lunar forecast is a new moon , a low of 39 that morning and a high of 51, according to the weather mans extended forecast.

Don't give up yet Jim, some of us haven't even started.

Time to buckle down Jim, they have been moving here in PA and the coming cold weather should get the rut into full swing, getting to be prime time!

I'm scoping out a new spot. There's a permanent stand just outside of the field of vision in this picture. I'm gonna rifle hunt here as the Wisconsin gun deer season opens this weekend! :D

I have not hunted here before. This nice buck is standing about 20 yards from the stand.

enhance

And there's lots of other little bucks in the area, and they are finally starting to show up in the daytime.

enhance

enhance

Latest posts