Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
Boating related questions,small projects, custom work and talk go here.
- Posts: 155
- Joined: 25 Jan 2011, 12:56
- Location: Nunya, Tx
I'm going to build a rear hatch out of aluminum that I can stand on. What thickness will do? Any particular type of aluminum?
- Posts: 412
- Joined: 09 Sep 2015, 15:49
5052 aluminum.100 or .90 with double the underside bracing
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- Posts: 270
- Joined: 30 Mar 2014, 09:51
- Location: Extreme Southwest Virginia
I personally used 1/8 5052, I run about 280 on a good day lol
- Posts: 5064
- Joined: 27 Nov 2010, 09:36
- Location: Houston, TX & Crossville, TN
If you are topping a 3/4 inch piece of exterior plywood, it probably doesn't matter too much.
DO YOUR PART, STAY APART!