1993 Sea Nymph 16 ft vee

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

water bouy

Reaction score
Some pics of the kind of boat I was looking for last year, a '93 Sea Nymph 1672T with a '93 Johnson 30 hp. It's a little wider and sturdier than the '89 Lowe Jumbo V. It looks a lot like a Lund SSV except no aisle in the middle yet. I didn't need it but the price was too reasonable to pass up. The catalogue says it's rated for a 45 hp but I don't remember seeing a motor between 40 and 50.

Attachments

• 1993 sea nymph 6.jpg
    1993 sea nymph 6.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 6,399
  • 1993 sea nymph 2.jpg
    1993 sea nymph 2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 6,396
  • 1993 sea nymph 1.jpg
    1993 sea nymph 1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 6,396
  • 1993 sea nymph 4.jpg
    1993 sea nymph 4.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 6,397
  • 1993 sea nymph 5.jpg
    1993 sea nymph 5.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 6,396
  • 1993 sea nymph 3.jpg
    1993 sea nymph 3.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 6,387
Thanks, ak. It'll get a composite floor, casting deck, an aisle in the middle and maybe some storage along the sides.

Nice boat. Something like that will be my next build. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Thanks, RS. I'm open to suggestions. All I know for sure is it'll have this 160 lb tiller bad boy on it.

Attachments

• 40 mariner 4.jpg
    40 mariner 4.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 5,927
You da man.
Wish I could buy em and flip em like you.
I know you're going to do it right. Congrats

Thanks, nc. It came from a place in Conover. The guy there has dozens of boats and no where to put them all. I was actually looking for a 30 hp motor on craigslist when I saw it for not much more than the motor would cost. The thing I'm not sure about is the roller trailer. People don't say many nice things about em.

You should be able to get some brackets and put some bunks on it. Leave the middle ones for guides. I hear you about the deals tho.

I hope to get it on the water in a week or so. It's been a long time. Wavering on the middle bench though. The '93 SN catalog lists the hull at .072 thick which is good while a Lund SSV is .063 and I don't see any structural differences. I'd rivet 1/8" angle front and back of the bench before I do any cutting.

Took it out today for about 30 minutes. It was nice just to be on the water again. It porpoised because all the weight is in the rear for now but otherwise it's awesome. The middle bench really does need to be opened up or I could take a spill. Ditto for a front deck and the rear bench needs to be full length so the seat can move to the middle which could add structural support too. The wood floor is so well fitted it must be from the factory.

Always wondered what those tails do. More than likely it'll be get the 40 Mariner before long. The 30 felt a little under powered. The compression is 125 psi but it felt like the throttle wouldn't open all the way up.

Did you get it out on the water yet? I saw the Lowe boat on Craigslist. Have you had any bites yet? That's a lot of time and work you did on it, I hope you get what you need out of it. I guess you're going to use that Mariner on the new boat. What's up with the extra trailer?

Thanks nc. I had one nibble and a couple of scammers wanting google numbers which is their new way of getting into email addresses. I wanted a nicer trailer so I wound up with an extra one I have no use for other than a saw horse for the acm panels. Which I bought 3 of today. This time I need to keep the sea nymph usable while it gets upgraded. I only got the Lowe on the water one time since I bought it. If you ever make to town stop on by.

Set the hook on a piece of silver grey vinyl from Cabela's to motivate me. This heat takes the fun out of summer. Already have 1/8" angle and acm panels ready to go. The layout will be pretty much the same as the last project.

Took up some of the wood floor and cleaned it out but water doesn't drain under the ribs. Can't even get a small wire underneath.

Attachments

• floor drain.jpg
    floor drain.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 5,306
  • silver grey.png
    silver grey.png
    244.8 KB · Views: 5,305
After staring at the floor for several weeks I decided to cut out the aisle in the middle bench before framing anything so I riveted a piece of angle across the top just in case. Turns out it has angle inside the bottom of the bench so when I took off my piece it didn't budge. This is gonna make everything so much easier.

Attachments

• middle bench 2.jpg
    middle bench 2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 5,202
  • middle bench 1.jpg
    middle bench 1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 5,202
  • sea nymph floor.jpg
    sea nymph floor.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 5,202
It was hot today but it was fun framing this little bit. My phone pics seem to be black and white for some reason.

Attachments

• sea nymph floor 5.jpg
    sea nymph floor 5.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 5,158
At least you're Making progress. It is hot. But it's just central NC weather! Have you checked out CL lately? Some tin boat groupie has some big vhull boats. Raleigh, and eastern NC. Looks like good prices.

I must have missed em but they sound nice. One scammer keeps listing Lunds for oddball prices like $1337 so I google it and take it down in all the other cities he puts it.

The location is Dunn. Link for one of the ads: https://raleigh.craigslist.org/boa/d/alumacraft-jon-boat-16/6636924828.html
It looks like there's at least two on there. Didn't mean to hijack, just thought you'd like checking em out.

Latest posts