FORUM UPGRADE ISSUES

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not getting logged in automatically like I used to. I checked the "remember me" box but when I close my browser then come back, I need to log in again. I'm on a desktop PC using Win 10.

Jim,
Forum looks great! Thanks for all you do.

Super small suggestion: I think the background color for stickied topics should be darker/more defined. They blend into the other topics the way it is now. See below. I'm sure there are other more important things to do for now but imo it would be an improvement if they were different shades.

noneya.png

JL8Jeff said:
I'm not getting logged in automatically like I used to. I checked the "remember me" box but when I close my browser then come back, I need to log in again. I'm on a desktop PC using Win 10.
Login and go to your user control panel->profile click on the "manage remember me keys". Scroll to the bottom, click "Mark all", hit delete. You will have to log back in and make sure the remember me box is checked, but that should fix it .

enwez said:
Jim,

Super small suggestion: I think the background color for stickied topics should be darker/more defined. They blend into the other topics the way it is now. See below. I'm sure there are other more important things to do for now but imo it would be an improvement if they were different shades.

noneya.png

This better?
Capture.PNG

Alphawolf said:
enwez said:
Jim,

noneya.png

This better?
Capture.PNG

Way better than my suggestion. Thanks a bunch!

Alphawolf said:
JL8Jeff said:
Login and go to your user control panel->profile click on the "manage remember me keys". Scroll to the bottom, click "Mark all", hit delete. You will have to log back in and make sure the remember me box is checked, but that should fix it .

I tried that a couple of times and still no luck with being remembered. I'm only logging in on one computer but it initially stored multiple tries with the same IP thinking they were different computers. I had a similar problem on another board and I don't remember what the fix was, I'll try looking again.

Jim said:
Try deleteing board cookies on the botom right of this page, then log back in and check the remember me. Hopefully that fixes it.

Yeah, I've tried that a couple of times as well and no luck.

Nope....I did the profile - mark all delete...then I did the remove cookies...still have to log in every time.

trying again now that I deleted all cookies and go through the process again. richg99

Looks like it's working now for me, I'm logged in after I close out the browser and go back in.

richg99 said:
I couldn't find "Place in line" but it might be because the system doesn't like my pix.

I get a small yellow icon in the right corner. Clicking on it...I get... The image file you tried to attach is invalid.

Perhaps it is too large or something else? Otherwise, it is a standard JPG that would normally work just fine.

I had no problem posting JPG files. I suspect you are right about the size.

First click on the "attachment" button (shown below)

Click Att.png

The Add Files window will pop open. Click on Add file (like shown here)

Add Files.png

When you do that the "Place Inline" option will appear -- like this:

Place Inline.png

I'm wondering why this site gives the message...

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website

Is it hosted in the EU?

Unless it is , or the site is targeting EU inhabitants, I'm wondering why the message. From what I've learned if it's in fact in the U.S...

Why is the notification "This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website" seen on many websites?

This is the law is enforced by governing bodies in the EU. So If you live outside of the EU, have a website hosted on a server outside of the EU, and are targeting consumers anywhere other than the EU, you don’t need a cookie consent notice.

The Main intention of this is:
Let users know if they are using cookies.
Explain what data is gathered through the use of cookies and how that data is used.
Gather user consent to the use of cookies.

There's is no explanation of WHAT data is being collected nor how it's used, am I missing something? Also, without cookies you cannot save your login, so if anyone is unclear that cookies are used I don't get it.

gnappi said:
I'm wondering why this site gives the message...

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website

Is it hosted in the EU?

Unless it is , or the site is targeting EU inhabitants, I'm wondering why the message. From what I've learned if it's in fact in the U.S...

Why is the notification "This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website" seen on many websites?

This is the law is enforced by governing bodies in the EU. So If you live outside of the EU, have a website hosted on a server outside of the EU, and are targeting consumers anywhere other than the EU, you don’t need a cookie consent notice.

The Main intention of this is:
Let users know if they are using cookies.
Explain what data is gathered through the use of cookies and how that data is used.
Gather user consent to the use of cookies.

There's is no explanation of WHAT data is being collected nor how it's used, am I missing something? Also, without cookies you cannot save your login, so if anyone is unclear that cookies are used I don't get it.

Hey, you never know. They fish for trout & ditch pickles out of tin boats in Switzerland! :LOL2: Actually I didn't know this was only an EU rule. I'm guessing it is just better to be on the safe side, but really have no idea.

Latest posts