2019 Recap

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDUBS

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I’m still sitting around with this stupid brace on my right foot. Having nothing better to do I gathered some ‘data’ on my 2019 fishing activity.

Not the most exciting reading but here is my recap of 2019:

• I took the boat out to one lake or another a total of 26 different days.
• I managed to get out every month except Feb, but I only got out once in Aug, Sept, & Oct.
• Of the 26 days on the water, three were skunks.
• I put approximately 127 hours on the outboard
• An average day on the water was just short of 5 hours (run time).
• Brought home 68 trout and a few crappie
• Didn’t keep track of releases but it wasn’t that many. Manly LMB, crappie, and one or two dink trout that weren’t hooked too bad.
• Had a personal best with a 5.6 pound rainbow.
• All except one were caught trolling using downriggers. The one was caught while I was bringing the line in to call it a day.
• In between all of this I spent a heck of a lot of time on TinBoats.net!

All-in-all I am pretty happy and hope for a repeat in 2020. And that is just the fishing!

I take photos of everything when I'm out on the water and put it all in a folder. Since I'm kind of laid up I had the time to reconstruct counts, etc from the picture data. Only other thing was the motor hours which I track separately.

Now I'm thinking it might be cool to keep a detailed log. Or, maybe more like a fishing/boating diary. It might be useful for people having trouble sleeping. Haha

Right now it looks like I won't be able to get on the water until after Feb 7th. This will be the longest time my boat has been out of the water since I got it. Gives me something to look forward to, I guess.

Latest posts