FORUM UPGRADE ISSUES

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new upgraded forum is working well for me. I like the look too. I opted for the Aero style and selected a color. Not sure what the color is but it looks good to me.

My only complaint is lack of an auto-correct feature to make all of my posts sound brilliant! LOL

Anyway, I know this was a lot of work. It is much appreciated.

Lack of the auto-correct feature.

Hmmm, I get auto-correct on mine, but I have Grammarly on my Chromebook. Free and I think pretty good. Every now and then it suggests stupid things...like BASSES instead of BASS, but most of the time it fixes my mistakes just fine. I have the FREE version. rich

p.s. Oh, you sound brilliant without auto-correct....sometimes.

gnappi said:
No I don't know, it's not any smarter than a 4 way stop sign, or speed bumps where a speed limit is posted.

Here's A "proper" EU warning about use of cookies:

By clicking on an item or other link on the website or Accept, you agree to the use of cookies and other technologies to process your personal data to enhance and personalise your experience across the eBay portfolio of brands, including eBay or third-party advertising tailored to you, on and off our sites. Additionally, third-party companies, who we partner with, may store cookies on your device and use similar technologies to collect and use certain information for advertising personalisation, measurement and analytics. Learn more, including how to manage your privacy settings.

Which I would not accept or otherwise agree with. YMMV.

If someone really wants to see the sites privacy notice, click the link at the bottom of the page.
Capture.PNG

Which then states this
Capture1.PNG

So I believe, though not a lawyer, that we've pretty much covered everything.

enwez said:
>>SNIP<<

Tinboats will probably never need to have the message, but it should be there imo. At the very least to protect Tinboats from fines, but also because ethically all companies should inform users about their data polices.

Gads, I know this may smack of political issues, but it's more about silliness and meekly compliance with laws for the sake of being "safe"

"Should be there?" fines? across international borders? REALLY??? Tell me how that happens. U.S. websites sued by users from outside the U.S? Where? how? Voluntary compliance with laws of another country or countries? I can't disagree more wholeheartedly.

Why not throw out the whole set of Constitutional rights we have because some other country objects to some... like our first and second amendments?

Users go to a foreign site at their own risk, that is unless the New World Order has happened and I was asleep when it came about.

When I go to a foreign website that has the cookie warning, I leave. And BTW, I have never agreed to one, here or elsewhere, why? Because agreeing simply gives the site owner the ability to change their conditions without giving users to opt opt.

Testing.......

5dc47c2201c0d65046a8c48cd221abd9.jpg

I'm annoyed and am throwing in the towel.

When I upload pics from my phone they turn sideways.

When I upload them from tapatalk, they show up as external links. But, if I go back and edit the post and preview the post, it shows up with the picture, not an external link.

:x

Latest posts