Lightweight battery for kayak

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a AGM wheelchair battery for this same purpose. It is sealed so you don't get acid burns if it tips over.

The only real lighter option with the same capacity is a lithium battery, but they aren't cheap.

You could go with a smaller battery, but you're going to lose a lot of capacity.

Yes, if you are trying to save weight and retain capacity, lithium is the way to go.

I don't have any specific recommendations. I think most are pretty good.

There is a Dakota 12 volt, 100 amp hour Lithium battery, weighs 32 pounds and costs $900. A 54 amp hour Lithium, battery weighs 17.6 pounds and sells for $500.

Earnest T - Don't see PM from you.

I got the battery from Blaine's farm & fleet. It was about $90 but that was a few years ago. I used it in kayak with trolling motor. I just bungee corded it in the storage compartment & extended the wires for the TM. I used the foot pedal steering cables that are normally used for the rudder to steer it.

It would go faster than I could paddle.

Good luck on your project.

This is the exact battery that's in my hot rod T-bucket. It has to turn over a straight six, but I'm very pleased with it. AGM's aren't what I would call low-cost, but it's quite a good balance between cost and power output, which I think is what you're looking for. You may be able to find it cheaper elsewhere.
https://www.speedwaymotors.com/XS-Power-S925-12-Volt-AGM-Power-Cell-Battery,69945.html

Roger

i run 2 30ah lithium.....and 1 12ah for fish finder

Attachments

• Amped.jpg
    Amped.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 552
What kind of run time are you getting with those 30amp? I'm thinking about two for my rear trolling motor on my electric only tracker. Only used to make long runs with 60AH up front when they get in stock.

Latest posts