Beef jerky

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Love beef jerky, but i hate the sugar and preservatives that are in the packaged versions. So every now and then i make my own. This one is a low sugar teriyaki marinade and some bottom round roast cut into thin strips.

They will go on my dehydrator at 160° until done.

b103fa6dd5cd6487fe995f8f7576ac6a.jpg

Man, you're just a cooking machine! Ha ha. I've always wanted to know how they do this. So basically you're soaking it in a marinade and then sucking all the juices back out of it???

Yes, i threw the meat in a colander for a bit, then i laid out the strips on a baking sheet of paper towels on both sides to take off access liquid. Then on the dehydrator they went. I just took them off. Way better than the packaged stuff.
8a75039eb66d886c574a3802f5c253ae.jpg

So how thick do you cut it when you start? How long did it take in total and how do you tell when it's done? How long is it good for or do you polish it off so you don't know??

eeshaw said:
So how thick do you cut it when you start? How long did it take in total and how do you tell when it's done? How long is it good for or do you polish it off so you don't know??
Cut to 1/8 inch as best I can. I freeze the roast for an hour to tighten it up a bit. Takes about 3.5-4 hours at 160-165 in the dehydrator.

Its all gone already......[emoji23]

It never lasts more than 2 days in this house.

Latest posts