River boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CedarRiverScooter said:
Looks really strong. I would terminate the center rib at least 1 foot before the intake.
Do you have a link or good description of that jet pump installation tool?
I’m having a time finding it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume you have Polaris. I also assume your driveshaft design is same as mine was. You will need to double check those assumptions.

This is the guy I rented the alignment rod from, that was 6 years ago. It is not worth spending $300 on! You might want to give him a call.
Note - I swapped engines about 4 years ago to Yamaha 4 stroke (wasn't cheap but worth it to me).

Watcon

This is the one I had bought from Ebay, looks like it's NLA:
Ebay NLA

If nothing else, ask the guys on Greenhulk site. I'm sure someone has one they could loan out.

You can make one too - machine down the end of a spare shaft.

An option is not to worry about it. If it is not aligned well, the splines will wear on the shaft. You could just monitor it & buy new shaft for a lot less than $300.

Again, consult the shop manual, I'm guessing too much here!

Thank you very much!

I’m focusing on this project for my wife who loves to fish and was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.

This is my therapy.

I do appreciate your help.

Bob

Sorry to hear of the diagnosis. Hope the treatment is 100% soon.

My wife likes to drive the jetjon. When we get to shallow spots it's hammer down. Sometimes we can feel the boat hump over a ridge. Carnival ride for sure.

She is good at loading it on the trailer; cause she hates backing trailer

We are river folk and since we retired have really enjoyed fishing together.

She skunks me most trips. I like the music and cold beer too much.

We are very shallow here so ..... it’s gonna get beat on.
Progress

My bride

So I set the Jet Jon on fire today!
More like the ratty foam under the front seat. I was welding along and it smelled different.....hmmm peak out under the helmet......FIRE!

Hahahahaha

I got it outside and my son helped me put it out. Warped the seat but the hull is fine.

I’m gonna take a break.

[attachment=0]IMG_2208.jpg[attachment]

I’m not a great welder but I get it done.
Still lots to do, more holes to weld up, flip it and stitch weld the inside, frame the transom and predrill all the mounting hardware.

Glad no one got hurt. I have had too many incidents like that, amazing I never got hurt. I must be at 8.9 lives used so far, time to watch it.

I also had welded some long panels (when I changed to 4 stroke ski) & I am not good at alum welding. There were many pin holes along the 4 foot seams, so I used epoxy resin/cloth both inside & out. The glass has held up well, no leaks.

Happy New Year everyone

Are you going to take the bench seat out? It looks like it is in exactly the wrong place for your feet.

CedarRiverScooter said:
Are you going to take the bench seat out? It looks like it is in exactly the wrong place for your feet.
Yes Sir I am but wanted to retain the boat shape so I’m gonna complete the tail first. Then cut it out and deck the nose too.....I hope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having the full aluminium skin should give extra protection against failure.

If I was to start a new jet jon, I would follow your design.

CedarRiverScooter said:
Having the full aluminium skin should give extra protection against failure.

If I was to start a new jet jon, I would follow your design.
Oh no , now I feel responsible.....
Ahhhhh it’s ok to blame ole Bob, ain’t the first time!

Re welded the whole thing. I’ve learned some valuable lessons, buy quality wire and tips in the correct gage and the right gas! It’s hell with bifocals.

IMG_2293.jpg

Ok if it will warm up today , the plan is to join the jet ski plug with the aluminum boat! I put in 10 5/16-18 “ RivNuts “ to the supports, plan to put 3M 5200 series between the skin and plug. Use epoxy resin and fiberglass cloth to seal the inside. Once all dry , flip and do the outside.

Remind me again why I needed a Jet Jon? Hahahahaha

Have a great day everyone!IMG_1829.jpg

Latest posts