River boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 5200 can be runny, so I duct taped the joint from underneath to keep it from running out. I had some pretty big gaps though. Yours looks pretty precise so it is probably ok as is.

CedarRiverScooter said:
The 5200 can be runny, so I duct taped the joint from underneath to keep it from running out. I had some pretty big gaps though. Yours looks pretty precise so it is probably ok as is.
Blue painters tape in place , gonna grab lunch let it warm up some and get er dun today. I hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a working base coat on!
Let it out gas a few days then bring it inside for a flip and more work

Attachments

• IMG_2374.jpg
    IMG_2374.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,154
  • IMG_2374.jpg
    IMG_2374.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,154
My screws and tools came in so as soon as I can get my Arctic Cat put back together...I can go screw!

4ba07fad5e27fc9110aefcb20ce2cfb7.jpg

Superfly Silverfox said:
My screws and tools came in so as soon as I can get my Arctic Cat put back together...I can go screw!

4ba07fad5e27fc9110aefcb20ce2cfb7.jpg

say whaaaaatttt? Belt drive atv engine?? Now your in my wheelhouse!

eeshaw said:
How much weight did that poly add?
I guess I could figure the SQF and weigh a chunk but I’m not counting really.
I’m hard on equipment and know what will take place once it runs.

The two big pieces of 1/2” UHMR black poly before cutting were close to 100 lbs.

If it’ll plane I’m good.... just trying to fish some shallow spots.

Something you might consider if you are going to be blasting thru shallows- I mounted a trailer winch (just a cheapie) in the bow of my boat. I have about 100' of line (combined) so I can get unstuck when I run aground. Funny, every since I mounted the winch, I haven't needed it!

I just was considering a winch today!

So my poly locks inside the boat are a no go. You have to back up the screw and tighten the poly lock at the same time. I’m a one man show[emoji123].

I ordered SS LW and Nuts to replace the poly locks.

Sorry for thsee random stories, but your pictures triggers this stuff. My rear deck frame is just like yours. I made 3 deck panels. I have them locked in front with tabs that slide under the angle & lock down in the rear with jeep hood style tie downs.

Well, we were on highway doing about 70 & passed a semi. One of the plywood panels got sucked off from the vacuum blast! The hardware had stripped through. The ply landed in middle of road & we circled back to get it. No one was hurt or cars damaged so we were lucky there. Now I tie several straps across the rear decks when on highway, as well as made the latches 3x stronger.

Latest posts