River boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy I’ve been trying to decide about decks, lids , doors, etc.
thanks again for the sage advice!

My back is killing me so I’ll take a day or two and recover.

Think I might take the OG bench and make a new bench seat. It’s in stock hahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I wanna loose my oil tank and fuel tank for something that will fit in the back....?

What do you do when you do that?
I get the FTank , run mix , but the oil tank?

Is that a Polaris? If so, you can make a block off plate to eliminate oil injection. Their inj system is pretty good though, & uses less oil than if you premix.

I just mounted the oil tank above the pump, on transom. It didn't take much work. Just make sure & bleed air out of the line, otherwise you will burn up the motor.

I am still using my Polaris gas tank, as it is narrow & fits beside of the engine. It has moulded in mounting tabs so that makes mounting pretty easy.

I got fuel filler hose from the internet & reused the Polaris filler neck/cap. USCG regulations require the fill point to be sealed so that an overfill doesn't go into the bilge. I made a bezel for that purpose.

Keep the pictures coming. It is looking good!

More questions!

Weight distribution? My tank won’t fit in the back due to poor planning, so it’s either in the front all stock.
Or
Two tanks that equalize and keep the oil tank in there somewhere?
See my crude drawings for a visual.

Please feel free to call like you see it. Keep in mind it is a budget build by a retired guy who piddles in the barn.

Thanks for the positive input so far I hope you can see I’ve tried to implement it so far.
b30624a09c5a7b788f672a9e6c7b02d1.jpg

You might want to consider staggering the seats, so the passenger is a little fwd. Then put the FT to drivers left.

Make the drivers seat a few inches taller than the passenger, so you can see what you are about to crash into.

As far as making your own tank - been there, was a big waste of time & material.

When I changed to the Yamaha engine, I was is same boat as you (ha). Their FT wouldn't fit beside engine (was huge 16 gal). So after $100 of alum & several weeks of chasing pin holes, I had a home-made tank.

Later, when I got my boat legally registered as home-made, I wanted it to be in line w/ USCG regs, in which there is no way you can have a home-made FT.

So I dug out the Polaris tank & made an adapter for the Yamaha fuel line/pump . Polaris tank has certification stamp on it.

Polaris tank is only 12 inches wide - you sure it won't fit on left of engine? It can be low in hull, probably better anyway.

Keep in mind that the 2S jet ski engine is pretty light & is inboard, so the boat won't be a tail heavy as you would think, at least compared to an outboard.

I found some pictures from old thread:
oil tank.JPG

Attachments

• gas tank.JPG
    gas tank.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,496
Jim said:
Is the boat hanging off the back end of the trailer?

Yes those wooden bunks you see is it.
It might see a county road but for the most part behind a side by side getting slipped into the river.

I need some stock Polaris SLT 700cc help?

I have a fuel filter/ separator and a chunk of hose that goes to top of the oil tank?

Everything runs now but where does this stuff go?
7f36a52e54a16849dbdb01e3bbd0786b.jpg

Fuel filter goes in hose from tank.

Maybe the other hose is for the bilge siphon system? It hooks up to the tube in the pump outlet nozzle.

Latest posts