Minn kota waterfowl edition problems

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebelwork

Reaction score
While checking some repairs on leaks I noticed the trolling motor (rear) fluttering in and put in high gear. I lowered the speed and didn't notice it, and turned it back to high. After a few moments it quit,

Shot?

I had a Minn Kota do a similar act. I had to replace the circuit board, not difficult just need to be careful handling the small screws and be sure to be grounded.

I had a Minn Kota do a similar act. A possible check first off to see if current is getting to the motor if not probably the circuit board. I had to replace the circuit board, not difficult just need to be careful handling the small screws and be sure to be grounded. You may need to get the board checked first. With mine I saw smoke come out of the control and I could see where the component had scorched the board. so a no brainer. If the problem is in the motor I have opened mine up, getting the brushes apart to put the armature back in was testy, but I succeeded.

Latest posts