I messed up today with trailer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 29

Reaction score
I was getting ready to load the boat and backed down the empty trailer down the ramp. I checked the tire before putting the boat on the trailer and thought I should move the trailer toward the center of the ramp, away from the dock. Needless to say, I was right, the tire was too close to the dock and the tire got stuck between the ramp and the dock.
Fortunately, there were a couple of guys jumped in and helped, we lifted the trailer away from the dock. Put the boat on the trailer and pulled up the ramp.
I was able tow home, a couple of miles, without incident. Question is, what should I do to check out the trailer, tires, leaf springs, etc.?
Thanks

Jack up the 1 side & spin tire to look for a wobble.
Check the tire sidewall for damage.
Also look at spring mounts to see if they have moved or got bent.
If they were able to lift it without prying, it probably is OK.

If it’s tracking straight and the tire and wheel don’t wobble, you probably didn’t hurt anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ll be checking it out on Friday.
Thanks for your recommendations.

Hit the lake today so I was able to check the trailer without the boat. From this layman’s perspective it seems all right. Leaf springs look good. No tire wear (that’s a little bit more knowledge there, had some tire experience), other stuff looks good.

Latest posts