New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi! I'm George Miller from Missoula, MT.

Starting to thing about getting a boat, still a ways off, but thought I'd get some ideas. Found a link to your site on the Fly Fishing Forum and thought I'd check it out.

I mostly fly fish, but do spin casting from time to time also.
I like to fish mainly lakes, but do fish some rivers.

Looking forward to meeting folks and learning more about boats!

Have fun,

George

Hi, I'm J. ... and I happen to be from the middle of Kansas.
Some 20+ years ago I had a sweet little narrow beam flat bottom jon that just happened to have a sharp V bow.
I've looked, but I've never run across another one, ... so I presume they weren't very common.
It was about 12' 6" with a beam of about 46", and roughly 16" deep, ... and would **** near come up on plane with just the oars!

I still kick myself for trading it off.

I don't remember what the brand was after all this time, but if anyone recognizes the description, ... it would be nice to know.

I recently found a Coleman Crawdad XT for not much money, and it made me remember that old aluminum, ...
and one thing led to another, ... so now I'm restoring the little dad.
I plan to stay fairly close to what it was, ... at least for now.
The XT originally came with a carpeted plywood floor and molded swivel seats, so this one will end up with the folding padded version of the molded seats, and the floor will be returned to a slightly improved version of what it came with.

If anyone would care to share a few words of wisdom about these little boats, I would be appreciative.

And if anyone would just happen to have the front kick-plate/bulkhead plastic in XT blue, ... I would be REALLY appreciative!

I look forward to catching some fish out of this little boat, and I hope I can contribute something to this forum.

Hi all, I'm happy to join your community here. Retired and living in the Lake of the Ozarks area and working on getting my old boat set up for fishing here. Looking forward to getting tips and helpful advice from everyone.

Hi Everyone,
I'm retired in Northern California. I found the site looking for info regarding replacing the transom wood in my Gregor 12. I'm getting back into boating and fishing after retirement and have already learned a lot from the projects I've read about. Anyway, I've already got all the wood out and the aluminum looks to be in good shape. Wood is SO expensive though...Good to be here...

-Bill

Welcome all new members, I truly appreciate you joining and participating in our forum. I know it's not as easy as posting to a social media page, but the value is that you will be able to quickly find information and things and come back to them.

Jim

Hello!
My name is Ron McChristy Jr. I live in Delavan, Wisconsin but was born and raised in Kansas. I love living near lakes and we purchased a house that overlooks Delavan lake and is a block from the boat ramp. I have been a mechanic for 40 years working on lawn and garden equipment, automotive, small diesel, agriculture equipment, construction equipment, and marine. I have owned three different shops in three different cities. I love fixing and repairing and am always learning different things. I live with my bride and we are empty nesters. I have three boys who are completely different which makes them fun to be around. I act like I fish but really am bad at it. I would rather chase an electrical problem than a fish. I have read many of the forum chats and have learned many things. Thank you for access to service manuals. I will see what I have in my file to upload.

Blessings!

Seems like quite a bunch of upstanding gentlemen joining the site!

Welcome to each of you, your watercraft--present or anticipated--and the many stories and pictures you will share.
Spend some time browsing around, there have been many stories over the years.

Be safe.

=D>

I am From Pakistan (Asia). I am 25 year old having height of 5 feet and 6 inch currently working as Data Entry Operator but future job is Search Engine Optimization.

Hello everyone! While surfing the internet looking for information and ideas to fix up an old aluminium boat, I stumbled across this forum and decided to join. What a wealth of information to be found here! I’m a avid fisherman who is fortunate to have a river near my home, as well as many lakes of various sizes. My current project is a 14’ semi-v, and with the help of the good folks here I plan to transform it into the perfect boat for my needs.

Hello,
I like many of you am a boat and related enthusiast, I am always tinkering with boats and this site has been very helpful with that so I thought I may be able to contribute here !
looking forward to gain more knowledge and hopefully pay it forward and help others along the way!

Boats I own currently
1972 Starcraft 15' American with 1983 Evinrude 115hp
1989 Starcraft Fishmaster 16' work in progress just acquired
1992 Lund Adventure DLX 16' with 25hp Mariner

past boats
1973 Larson 18' volero sport with mercruiser 188hp I/O
1977 Larson 15' trihull
197? Glastron gt 150 Can't remember much about this one (was a junk freebie with a good donor crossflow omc)

I've had an account and have lurked for quite some time here, just reading amd looking over project pics for fun. But I have a 2019 Tracker Topper 1436 w/1994 Evinrude 9.9hp. It was a great boat for me and my son and scooted just fine. But then the wife qent out one time and had fun. So, I kept cramming us all in there to putz around my local lake and Wildlife Refuge here in South FL. Well, yesterday I bought a new, bigger boat for all of us to better fit comfortably. A 2021 Polar Kraft Dakota 1670. They were on End of Year Clearance Sale for 3k. After emailing the dealer (I'm currently deployed overseas here till Nov) he saw I was a Vet and threw the trailer in for no cost as a "Military Appreciation". Had my buddy back home go pick it up for me. I also have a New In Box 2019 Evinrude E-Tec 30hp to go with it. So I'll leave you with a pic of the Tracker (selling when I get home, minus the motor as it's sentimental) and my new Polar Kraft.
4390df25e91d7aec2bb8215ce7d37008.jpg
4d4bebf3f281a369266520ca6b47ae99.jpg

Greetings , An internet search got me here. I have a 2015 lowe 1448 w a merc 20. Im researching a trolling motor set up. Any suggestions
photos or input will be appreciated

Searching around for ideas brought me here.

I recently purchased a 1972 Alumacraft F-9 Lake Master that I plan to outfit as a bass-boat over the coming winter. Currently working on refurbishing the trailer.

Nice to see all the builds here and I hope to get mine half as good as some I've seen.

Hello from North Pole Alaska. Home to some of the biggest moose on earth ! A long time Hunter in my Grumman Frighter 19’ canoe . Best wishes to everyone and take back America again !

Howdy from the Middle Peninsula of Virginia. Our two Home Ports are Aylett Virginia, on the Mattaponi River and second harbor is on the Piantiank River, in Middlesex.
I have had a few Jon boats in my lifetime, and enjoy fishing from them in the shallows. For deeper water I have the Bayliner Trophy W/A.
The Mattaponi is a tidal river that starts small, with flats and deep cuts as it widens to the York River watershed, that flows into the Chesapeake Bay. Only minutes from me. The Piantiank River is a tidal River, that flows directly into the Chesapeake Bay, and where we have a cottage on the river.
I wanted to take advantage of the Speckled Trout fishing on the Piantiank River. The Trophy being too large to work the grass flats, I opt to start a 2021 winter boat project.
I am the proud owner of a 1974 RHYNCRAFT - 16 ft ...... that needs a ton of love, and time. I placed a order for a YAMAHA F-20 rudder - 15" shaft.
I am looking to reap the knowledge of those that have been in the trenches, and implement them into my project.
Thanks for adding Me to this site ....... Cheers!!!!!

Latest posts