Try this ... THE BEST bug repellant you will EVER use!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
BUG STUFF - No need to use Deet or any chemical-laden bug stuff ... this stuff here is THE BEST bug stuff going! And I've been boating/fishing on my saltwater estuary river for ~60-years now that's absolutely loaded with bugs (as otherwise I would have bought myself a house on the water there ...).

Now it says 'lemon - eucalyptus', but I can assure you that it doesn't smell like either of those to my nose! Whereas the other natural oil (no chemicals!) is made from Fennel seeds, and where Fennel is what gives black licorice the pungent smell, yup ... that's what it smells like. And while I DESPISE black licorice ... I HATE bugs even more!

This stuff works DE BOMB on those 'clouds' of midgies (aka 'no-see-ums'), mosquitoes, black flies and even greenheads, a notorious breed of aggressive horsefly found around saltwater marshes in mid-Summer. As a bonus, it was only $5 for a large pump-spray bottle at Walmart or other retailers!

If only midgies are around, I'll just spray my hat ... and I'll never even see one!
Repel-Lemon.jpg

I live in the Florida swamps and mosquitoes are thick. Each day before going into shop, I spray down with Off. Don't like it, but like being bitten even less, so I'll give your stuff a try. Going to Walmart today anyway.

My biggest problems are with ticks and I swear by the permethrin products where you spray down your clothes, let them dry, and then you are good to go. They even say you can wash your clothes 6 times before effectiveness wears off.

The reason I brought this up - they say it works on mosquitoes but my measure of success was always tick-free or not, never paid any attention to mosquitoes. Anyone use these products and find mosquitoes stay off of you?

Frankenfish said:
My biggest problems are with ticks and I swear by the permethrin products where you spray down your clothes, let them dry, and then you are good to go. They even say you can wash your clothes 6 times before effectiveness wears off.

The reason I brought this up - they say it works on mosquitoes but my measure of success was always tick-free or not, never paid any attention to mosquitoes. Anyone use these products and find mosquitoes stay off of you?

I arrived in west central FL in Feb and by May the Ticks were everywhere. People on another forum suggested Permethrin, so I tried it but had iffy results - and I don't believe that "washing clothes 6 times" bit. Certainly wasn't true for me.

I hike a lot in wooded areas with my Dog - every day - and every outing "had" to end with a full body search to get the damned things off, esp. on legs/waist. Even had a small one dug in between little and ring fingers of left hand one day on return.

I finally went back to wearing the gaiters I wore in NM to keep grass seeds out of my socks. That works, but inconvenient and the occasional one even got thru those. Haven't seen a Tick now in several months, so assume they're a springtime nuisance.

Mosquitoes are an upper body pest for the most part and haven't tried Permethrin above my waist. It can be some pretty nasty stuff. For me, Off works well for skeeters.....no-see-ums are a different story.

Latest posts